Sink your teeth into this giant blueberry cookie crust with a THICK double layer of blueberry frosting! And you won’t believe this… it’s healthy enough for BREAKFAST! Woohoo!!
Yep, this healthy tart is totally suitable for breakfast.
It’s full of protein (almonds), healthy fats (coconut), antioxidants (blueberries), and fiber (from all of the above!). And NO added sugar!
The NO-SUGAR Quest Continues!
If you’ve been following along my journey, you know I’m taking a break from ALL sweeteners for a little while due to some health issues. So no dates, maple syrup or coconut sugar.
But my healthy alternative (and totally delicious solution) is Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Stevia Drops! It’s all natural, no fillers, and so yummy!
Purple is Happiness
This color makes me happy! I hope it makes you happy too. I love simple joys. Little, everyday things that can bring a smile to your face, brighten your day, shift your mood.
I’m on a mission to spread joy through pretty desserts and share love through food. So I encourage you take a minute to enjoy the beauty around you. Make time to do things that bring you joy, like making beautiful treats! 🙂 And share them with someone you love.
This recipe was inspired by my No-Bake Fruit Pizza and Blueberry Lime Cheesecake. I modified the lemon frosting on the fruit pizza to make it vanilla flavored, and sugar-free. But if you prefer the maple sweetened frosting, you can use that recipe and add blueberries!
And as always, this recipe is made with 100% healthy, real, whole foods. Simple fresh ingredients you can feel good about.
No gluten, grains, soy, dairy, eggs, sugar, or artificial anything. So it’s pretty on the inside, too 😉
Breakfast or dessert?
Or some time in between? Enjoy this pretty tart any time, guilt-free, friends! You are nourishing your body with pretty whole foods. And spreading delight along the way.
Deep Dish Frosted Blueberry Tart
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup canned coconut milk - shaken (& warmed if clumped/separated)
- 1/2 cup blueberries - fresh or thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20-25 drops SweetLeaf Vanilla Creme Stevia Drops - to taste
- 1/3 cup blueberries - fresh or thawed
- Garnish: fresh blueberries, coconut flakes, lemon or lime zest, strawberries or kiwi
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" cake pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, stevia and salt. In a glass measuring cup, melt coconut oil and stir in extracts. In another small bowl, mix applesauce and flax and let thicken for a few minutes. Pour applesauce mixture into coconut oil. Then add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Press dough to pan and form a crust around the edges.
- Poke holes in crust with a fork to let the steam escape while baking.
- Add blueberries on top and gently press in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until lightly golden and firm). Lift parchment out to cool on a cooling rack.
To make the frosting:
- Make coconut butter by blending the coconut shreds for 15-20 minutes in a food processor (stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides). Let it rest/cool for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vanilla, stevia, and 1/2 cup blueberries and blend thoroughly. (Do not be alarmed if it looks really liquidy! It will thicken when chilled)
- Let it cool for 5 more minutes to thicken. (You can do this in the fridge, but not too long or it will solidify)
- Pour all except 3-4 Tbs of the frosting over the cooled crust. Keep the remainder in the food processor to make the darker purple layer.
- Add 1/3 cup blueberries to the food processor and blend thoroughly. Pour on top of the first layer. Swirl it with a knife or toothpick if you're feeling fancy 😉
- Garnish with whatever you like (More blueberries, anyone?)
- Refrigerate until solid (about 3 hours) Enjoy!