Silky smooth ice cream with rich chocolate flavor. Tastes like the REAL deal! You’d never guess there’s no dairy or sugar (Keto/Low-Carb, Vegan AND Paleo approved!)
ICE ICE BABY
It’s time for your weekly ice cream recipe!! And i’m SO EXCITED about this one! Who doesn’t love a good CHOCOLATE recipe? It’s a classic!
Have you tried one yet? Which was your fav?
REAL ICE CREAM TASTE
I can’t get over how much all of my dairy-free keto ice creams taste like “REAL” ice cream.. Like the kind that has 2 million grams of sugar (not to mention a thousand additives/thickeners/stabilizers/etc that you would never use in your own kitchen.)
NO DAIRY. Canned coconut milk makes the absolute perfect replacement. It’s still just as creamy delicious. AND the almond butter in this recipe makes it even MORE creamy!
NO SUGAR. Pure stevia powder replaces the sugar in an amazing way! The kind I use does not have a weird metallic or strange aftertaste (just be sure you don’t use too much. A little goes a looooong way 😉
My hubby is *not* low-carb and does *not* care for stevia, but he LOVED this ice cream just as much as I do! That’s a win!
Smooth, creamy, chocolatey, rich and satisfying. WITHOUT the carbs, dairy and junk! It’s actually made with healthy ingredients. It’s just UNREAL.
GOOD FOR YOU. Chocolate ice cream- HEALTHY? Yes!! Raw cacao powder is packed full of health benefits! You can read about cacao here. I love that it’s a natural mood booster. No wonder chocolate makes me happy, ha.
>ps Raw Cacao Powder is NOT the same as “100% Cacao” from Hershey’s!
You only need 5 simple, real food ingredients (plus salt) a blender and an ice cream maker. Using an ice cream maker is key to getting the “realness” factor. Without it, the texture doesn’t taste the same.
I absolutely love mine (and I’m obviously putting it to good work, haha!) It’s so simple to use. Just throw in the mixture and let it go for about 10 minutes.
Enjoy it right away as soft serve (which reminds me of GELATO!! OMG I love gelato!)
OR transfer it to a shallow dish (I use a bread pan) and freeze it for about an hour until firm. Let it soften a few minutes, then you can scoop it like real deal chocolate ice cream!
I’ve got LOTS of chocolate ice cream variations I’m testing so stay tuned for those! 🙂 You can add in SO MANY different ingredients with chocolate– the possibilities are endless. Which flavor do you want to see next?
>Follow me on Pinterest for more awesome dairy-free, GF recipes! Click image below to Pin this recipe
Dairy-Free Keto Chocolate Ice Cream (Vegan & Paleo)
- 1 13.7 oz can coconut milk full fat *not lite*
- heaping 1/3 cup natural almond butter I used unsalted
- 2 1/2- 3 Tbs cacao powder to taste
- 2 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pure stevia powder to taste
- Pinch of pink salt
- (Remember to place ice cream bowl in freezer for 24 hours or until completely solid)
- Blend all ingredients in a small blender. Taste and adjust if needed (more stevia, cacao, or salt)
- Chill mixture. Place blender cup of ice cream mixture in the freezer for 1 hour prior to churning so it gets very cold, but not frozen.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn for about 10 minutes (or until thickened to soft serve consistency)
- Transfer ice cream to a loaf pan of shallow dish and freeze 1 hour.
- Thaw on the counter 5-10 minutes. ENJOY.