Transform blackberries into this decadent PINK dessert dripping with dark chocolate. You won’t believe it’s low-carb, gluten-free and has no sugar added!
Are you a fan of chocolate covered fruit? I wasn’t until I tried it like this!! An almond flour shortbread base coated in chocolate, topped with a blackberry coconut blend, plus more chocolate drizzled on top! So yummy!
I must admit, chocolate on fruit is typically not my thing, but I found that I really like it! The slightly tart berries are complemented by shortbread and creamy coconut to balance out the acidity. It totally works.
This almond flour shortbread crust is a magical new creation. I discovered there’s no need for flax eggs, applesauce or dates to hold it together. And you don’t have to bake it, either! #winning
And my favorite part– there’s no sugar added at all! (And a coating of dark chocolate always makes things more yummy! Ha) Dare I say this is my favorite crust of all the dozens I’ve made before? Dense, chewy, and radiating that almond flour glory, lol. I love it!
New & Exciting
I’m having so much fun experimenting with new crusts, layers, combinations and toppings. I’m so excited to branch out. Not only in desserts, but in life! I’m coming out of my shell, taking risks, trying new things, meeting new people.
Being an introvert is hard sometimes, lol! But I’ve found that facing my fears of opening up to people has restored my faith in people. A couple of weeks ago, I basically forced myself to go to a women’s brunch where I didn’t know a soul. That was super intimidating for me. But ya know what? I’m SO glad I went. I had the best time and made new amazing friends.
There are so many genuinely NICE people out there. Meeting them has been such a blessing. Also “meeting” people virtually through this blog! Now I’m actually looking forward to meeting more people, even if I’m terrified at first. =D
Blackberries are NEW for me. This is my only second recipe using blackberries. (The first was Low-Carb Blackberry Cake Balls. Love) And now adding CHOCOLATE with blackberries. Holy yum. The chocolate coating on the crust reminds me of this Coconut Cream Pie with Dark Chocolate Ganache. I need to make that again – SO good (and take new photos, ha)
Do you like trying new things? I’m getting there 🙂 Be on the lookout for NEW things from PrettyPies! I can’t wait to share what I’ve been working on. So exciting!
Low-Carb Dark Chocolate Blackberry Tart
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs water
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Pinch of pure stevia extract (see notes)
- 1 3.5 oz bar of dark chocolate (Lily's or your favorite brand) divided
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and warm
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries plus more for decoration
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or coconut water from a can
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of pure stevia extract to taste (see notes)
To make the crust:
- Line a 7" springform pan or small tart pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt and stevia.
- Melt coconut oil and stir in water. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix well with a fork. Press dough firmly into pan.
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (or microwave about 30 sec). Pour over crust, reserving 1/4 of the chocolate for drizzling over the top (or use additional chocolate). Freeze crust while you prepare the next layer.
To make the blackberry layer:
- Puree blackberries in a food processor or small blender. (Optional: pour puree through a strainer to remove seeds)
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Pour over crust.
- Chill for 15 minutes to allow the top layer to thicken. Garnish with blackberries.
- Chill for approximately 30 minutes until the layer has hardened/set. Enjoy!