Now I know why they call it a SILK pie– this is the silkiest lightest pie ever!
Like, for real.
I have never before tasted anything quite so silky in my LIFE! You’ve gotta taste it for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
This pie gets its ultra silky smooth texture from coconut milk, eggs, and a rich flavor from dark chocolate, cacao powder & maple syrup.
And you’ve gotta add the sky high coconut whipped cream & chocolate shavings 😋
Don’t be alarmed when this looks like a big bowl of chocolate milk before it goes in the fridge to chill, haha! I promise it will firm up. Just give it several hours, or overnight even.
Recipe adapted from La Fuji Mama
Paleo Chocolate Silk Pie
For the chocolate almond crust:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbs cacao
- 3 Tbs coconut sugar
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1/2 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink salt
For the chocolate silk pie filling:
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract do not omit
- 6 oz dark chocolate (70% cacao), chopped (I used Enjoy Life chips)
- 3 Tbs cacao Heaping
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk room temp
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can coconut milk 13-ounce, I like Thai Kitchen brand
- 1 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Add dry ingredients to one bowl. Whisk egg in another bowl. Add egg and melted oil to dry ingredient bowl and mix until a moist, crumbly mixture forms. If your dough is too dry, add a little almond milk or water.
- Press the dough into a 7-inch springform pan lined with parchment. Bake for 10 minutes, then let the pie crust cool completely.
To make the filling:
- In a large blender, blend eggs, maple syrup, cacao, salt and extracts.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it starts to simmer. (Be careful to not let it boil.)
- With the blender running on low, pour the hot coconut milk in the blender blend until thoroughly blended.
- Melt the dark chocolate (chopped bar or chips) in a glass bowl microwaved for 30 second intervals until just melted. Pour into blender and blend again.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
To make the whipped cream:
- Carefully open your refrigerated can of coconut milk and gently scoop out the coconut cream into a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip cream for a couple of minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sweetener and vanilla. Taste & adjust.
- After your pie has chilled 8 hours, generously spread on the coconut whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Enjoy!