Creamy peanut butter chocolate filling on a rich chocolate crust– without any dairy, gluten or refined sugar! (Vegan with a Paleo option)
Confession: Reese’s Pieces used to be my favorite candy. But now? THIS is my favorite pb+chocolate combo.
What is it about peanut butter and chocolate together? They are just made to be. A perfect match.
This pie is like a giant peanut butter cup– minus all the processed junk and chemical after taste. And NO dairy, gluten, or grains!
Just a few real, whole ingredients that you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying.
Make this pie Paleo-friendly by simply swapping almond butter for pb. And you can use honey, too, if you like.
I would even add some almond extract to make the flavor pop! I’m gonna have to make that recipe soon because I love almond flavor, too! Stay tuned 🙂
If you LOVE peanut butter desserts,be sure to check out these:
Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 dates
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs cacao powder
- 2 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbs water
- pinch pink salt
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 1/4 cups coconut cream (from 1 -2 cans coconut milk chilled overnight, solid cream only)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter heaping at room temp, (just peanuts & salt)
- 3 Tbs cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbs dark chocolate chips melted (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch pink salt
To make the crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 1 minute until a loose dough forms.
- Add a splash of water if your crust is too dry.
- Press into parchment lined springform pan or pie dish.
To make the filling:
- Place 2 cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight to harden.
- Scoop out the solid cream into a large mixing bowl (freezing your bowl helps cream stay firm)
- Whip with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add in pb & maple syrup and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Spread over crust. You can swirl around the mousse with your spatula to make a it pretty
- Refrigerate at least 4 hrs to set. Enjoy!!