Joy. That’s something I think we could all use a little more of right now. Simple pleasures. Happiness. Enjoying life.
I don’t know about you, but I see so much negativity happening in the world right now. Too much stress, drama, noise. And I have my own battles I’m facing with my health. It’s not easy, but I am choosing JOY. Choosing to meditate on good things in life. Like pies that are pretty 🙂
Kindness. Love. And PIE. 🙂 This purple pie exudes happiness to me. It makes me smile just looking at it. I hope it does the same for you. Because we all need more joy.
Can you BELIEVE this COLOR? Insane. There is NO food coloring in this pie. It is 100% colored by God. Purple sweet potatoes! (Yes, that’s a real thing. ha) Nature is beautiful, don’t you agree?
I found purple sweet potatoes at Sprouts. I bet you could also find them at Whole Foods or another health food store this time of year. Or you could absolutely use orange ones if you like.
This Purple Sweet Potato Pie would be a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving feast. A show-stopper for sure. Your family will be very curious about WHAT that purple stuff is! Haha!
And this pie is not only beautiful and delicious, but healthy, too! It’s free of grains, gluten, dairy and refined sugar. And it’s made with just a few simple, whole foods– including vegetables! So you can have your pie and eat it, too. 😉
Purple pie or not, I hope you get to share some delicious desserts with your loved ones soon. Will you help spread the joy?
Purple Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 2/3 cup medjool dates pitted
- splash of water to help blend, if needed
Sweet Potato Filling:
- 1 2/3 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup to taste
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbs milk of choice I used coconut
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger optional. I omitted
- 1/16 tsp nutmeg to taste
- Dash of pink salt
To make the crust:
- Pulse nuts & dates together in a food processor. Add a splash or 2 of water to help it blend.
- Press into a 7" (small) pie plate or tart pan.
To make the filling:
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Taste and adjust for sweetness and spices.
- Spread over crust and refrigerate for about 3 hours to set.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if you like! Enjoy 🙂