Almond Joy Ice Cream Cake
Flavors of chocolate, almond and coconut all in one delectable ice cream cake! The classic candy bar made over into a healthier dessert.
Servings: 12 slices
Coconut Cream Layer:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream from 1 can refrigerated coconut milk
- 3 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup to taste
- 1 Tbs coconut water leftover from can
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 oz dark chocolate chopped, about 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbs coconut milk leftover from can
- 3 Tbs unsweetened shredded coconut optional, for garnish
- chopped almonds optional, for garnish
To make the chocolate cream:
To make the almond cream:
Rinse food processor. Carefully scoop out the solid cream from the can of refrigerated coconut milk. Add remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste & adjust.
Carefully spread on top of chocolate layer. Set in freezer to firm up for 45-60 minutes.
To make the coconut cream:
Keep frozen (or it will lose its shape!)
I like to transfer this cake to the fridge as I cook dinner and then when we're ready for dessert an hour or so later, I slice and set on the counter about 5 minutes and it's perfect.
You can also thaw on the counter top for about 20-30 minutes or to your desired consistency.
I used a 7" springform pan. Larger (standard size) pans will result in flatter/shorter layers. You can double the recipe to fill a large pan.