Nutella Pie (Vegan, Paleo, Keto)
Rich chocolate + roasted hazelnuts + fluffy cream = a silky, heavenly "Nutella" flavored pie! No gluten, dairy, eggs or added sugar!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 10 slices
- 1 1/2 cups roasted hazelnuts (plus 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1 13.6 oz can coconut milk solid cream only
- 1 3 oz bar of dark chocolate sugar-free for keto
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of pure stevia powder + 1 Tbs coconut water or 1 Tbs maple syrup, to taste
- pinch of pink salt
- Whipped coconut cream for garnish
To make the crust:
Preheat oven to 350. Line a 7" springform pan with parchment.
Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, salt and stevia, if using).
In a small bowl bowl, stir together flax and water, and set aside to thicken. Pour flax mixture and melted coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well.
Press dough firmly into pan. Prick crust all over with a fork.
Bake for aprox. 15 min until firm and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
To make the filling:
Place roasted hazelnuts in food processor and blend until liquefied (see notes)
Scrape down sides and add melted chocolate and salt. Blend smooth.
Scoop out solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Add vanilla, 1 Tbs coconut water (leftover from the can) plus a pinch of stevia (or 1 Tbs maple syrup)
Whip cream with a hand mixer for 30-60 seconds until light and fluffy.
Gently fold in chocolate hazelnut mixture (reserving a few Tbs to swirl on top, if you like) Taste and add a little more sweetener if needed.
Pour filling over crust. Scoop on remaining nutella & swirl.
Freeze for 1-2 hours until set. Garnish with whipped coconut cream (see notes) and chopped hazelnuts.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through referral links in this post (at no additional cost to you).
What I used:
Small springform pan
Cuisinart Food Processor
Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
Bulk Supplements Pure stevia powder
Blanched Almond Flour from Food to Live
Chopped Raw Hazelnuts and 85% dark chocolate from Aldi
For the hazelnuts: Place hazelnuts on a rimmed cookie sheet and roast about 8 minutes at 350 (until fragrant). Allow to cool. Place in a clean towel and rub together to remove skins for a smoother hazelnut butter.
To make Coconut Whipped Cream:
To store: Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or frozen for 1 month.
- Use a can of Thai Kitchen coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight. Do not shake can.
- Carefully open and scoop out ONLY the solid white cream, careful not to get any water in the bowl.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla and sweetener of choice (7 drops Stevia, dash of stevia powder, 2-3 tsp maple syrup, or 1 Tbs powdered coconut sugar)
- Whip with a hand mixer for about 1 minute until light and fluffy. Enjoy!