Coconut lovers, REJOICE! It’s finally here!
The most beautiful and INTENSELY coconutty DREAM CAKE is yours for the making. This spectacular 6 layered creation is loaded with coconut flavor. And that’s because it’s made with 5 different coconut products! Coconut flakes, coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, and coconut extract! Yaaas.
Die hard coconut fans –if you love all things coconut and can’t get enough of that delicious tropical flavor, you will LOVE this dessert. And unlike traditional coconut pies and cakes, this is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free! It’s also grain-free and can easily be made Paleo by swapping the maple syrup for honey.
PLUS it’s no-bake and actually pretty simple to make. Just blend up the ingredients in a food processor. Pile up the layers and you have this stunning, towering masterpiece of glorious coconut BLISS. The hardest part is the waiting for the layers to set.
I just want to stare at this cake. lol It’s pretty, right? This is definitely one of my favorites. (I LOVE COCONUT.. in case you didn’t know.) Worth every minute making it and every calorie eating it. Haha. It’s full of healthy fats, for sure! And haven’t you heard– fat is GOOD for you. Yes and AMEN. Give me allll the fat.
Anyone obsessed with coconut like I am? You NEED this cake.
6 Layer Coconut Dream Cake
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes & drained
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Dash of pink salt
- 1 1/4 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup + 2T maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut butter softened*
- 1/3 c + 2T coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Dash of pink salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Solid Cream from 1 can coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp maple syrup
To make the crust:
- Pulse cashews in a food processor until broken up, then add remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Press half the crust into the bottom of a parchment-lined 7" springform pan and set in the fridge. (Leave the other half on the counter to layer later on)
To make the coconut cake:
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth. Taste & adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Scoop out 1/2 the cake filling on to your crust and set in the freezer for about 1 hour until firm.
Assemble the next layers:
- After first two layers are firm, add 1 layer of crust on top, freeze 1 hour, then add another layer of cake on top.
To make the whipped cream;
- Scoop out the solid cream from a can of refrigerated coconut milk into a large chilled bowl and whip with a hand mixer. Add in sweetener & extracts, adjust to taste. Spread on top of cake.
To make the toasted coconut topping:
- Place coconut flakes and 1 tsp maple syrup to a dry skillet on medium heat, stirring constantly until toasted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle on top.