Double the chocolate — without all the carbs! Rich chocolate coconut cookies dipped in dark chocolate. Zero sugar, dairy, or gluten. These cookies come out of the freezer instead of the oven for a cool chocolate treat! No baking! (Keto, Paleo & Vegan)
Hello, chocolate covered coconut bliss! *heart eyes*
Do you love coconut & chocolate together like I do?! I put DOUBLE the chocolate and DOUBLE the coconut for a cookie like NO OTHER.
Have you ever tasted “DANG” coconut chips?? The ones coated in chocolate. Oh man, those are good. I just realized these cookies are like a whole bunch of those dang chips blended together!
I don’t remember how this recipe came to me. I honestly can’t even remember how I got inspired to make them. (hashtag momlife, ha) All I know is I’m in LOVE.
Maybe it was my deeply ingrained desire for chocolate that continually surfaces, demanding that chocolate treats be made STAT. And when chocolate calls, you answer.
But when you’re trying to be low-carb, it’s more of a challenge to get your chocolate fix. Never fear – Emily the recipe creator is here. And we’re gonna get creative! :)
DOUBLE the flavor
These cookies are made with shredded coconut AND coconut oil for maximum coconut flavor. That’s why they’re rich and satisfying – the fat is sooo satiating. WHO NEEDS SUGAR when you have FAT? haha. But seriously.
Add in cacao powder to the cookie dough to make chocolate cookies, then DIP them in chocolate to take it over the TOP. That chocolate SHELL is to die for!
Wanna BOOST the chocolate flavor to the MAX? Use my secret ingredient: instant espresso powder (and lots of salt!) You will not believe the difference!
NEVER ENOUGH CHOC
Want more KETO chocolate treats?? Of course you do! 😉 Check out these chocolicious low-carb recipes:
- Chocolate Buttercream Cups
- No-Bake Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie – sub Lily’s & stevia
- Chocolate Almond Butter Bark
- Healthy Nutella Bark
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Reese’s Mousse
- Chocolate Espresso Bombs
That’s not even all of them, lol! I guess I really do have a thing for chocolate 🙂 It’s just SO good!!!
Can’t handle the heat
Do you dread turning on your oven in the sweltering summer heat?? I know how miserable it can be to have a HOT house.
Well you *don’t* have to handle the heat to make these cookies. NO COOKING required. Mix the ingredients in a food processor. Form cookies and FREEZE to set. SO EASY.
They harden when chilled and turn into the most amazing buttery rich texture. It’s almost indescribable. These are not like a conventional cookie. Not light and airy like a macaroon. They’re so dense/heavy and rich and chocolatey with such a good BITE. Mmmm.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE these cookies? Even my kids loved them (but I totally did NOT want to share, haha). I love the taste, but also how EASY they are to make. Just 6 main ingredients blended together. So much chocolatey goodness and just TWO GRAMS net carbs each! So you can easily have your chocolate and eat it too 😉
Click the image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
Follow me on Pinterest for more deliciously healthy recipes 🙂
Chocolate Covered Coconut Cookies (Nut-Free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan)
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas or nut/seed of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs cacao to taste
- l/2 tsp instant espresso mixed w/ 1 Tbs water optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of pink salt
- Pinch of pure stevia powder
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate chips lily's/sugar-free for keto
- Combine all ingredients (except chocolate) in a food processor and pulse for about 30-60 seconds until finely ground loose dough starts to form. Add a splash of water if it needs help blending.
- Taste and adjust to your liking with a little more cacao, salt or stevia.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out 8 balls of dough on to a plate lined with parchment paper. Flatten each ball into a cookie shape.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl using a microwave (30 sec) or double boiler. Dip each cookie in chocolate to coat one side and return to the parchment-lined plate.
- Pop back in the freezer for a couple of minutes to set, then drizzle on a little more chocolate and garnish with a sprinkle of coconut and sea salt, if you like.
- ENJOY 🙂