This Raspberry Lemonade Pie is delightfully sweet and tart. And best of all.. Pretty in pink! 🙂 No food coloring needed. 100% naturally colored with fruit! (Free from gluten, dairy, eggs & refined sugar. Vegan & Paleo)
For all my pink loving friends, this is for you. I love making colorful desserts, especially for my daughter’s birthday parties. But I don’t love using artificial food coloring. (You can read more about why here <–I’ve learned a lot from that website. Good stuff especially for real-food beginners!)
So.. sans the gross artificial dyes, I am absolutely thrilled to be able to color desserts 100% with fruit! (See below for how!) You can use as little or as much as you want to achieve the color you want. More fruit = more vibrant color! And more delicious raspberry flavor. Sweet and tart. Light and refreshing. To me, it tastes like sunshine and rainbows, lol. It reminds me of pink lemonade but has a distinct raspberry flavor. Delicious.
The no-bake coconut flour crust tastes like a light pound cake and the whipped coconut cream + coconut oil filling taste like a creamy mousse. Yummm.
Fresh lemon juice & zest adds a terrific tartness that is balanced by a touch of maple syrup and the richness of the cream. Add as much zest as you like (I like a to use a lot!) It really compliments the raspberry flavor.
Top it off with lots of pretty, fresh raspberries. I only wish I had used more because the texture of the berries with the creamy mousse was so perfect.
Raspberries are my favorite! If you love raspberries, too, check out my Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream Cake!
The secret to vibrant pink without food coloring…
The beautiful pink color comes from freeze dried raspberries that I blended into a powder using my little Ninja personal size blender. It literally takes 30 seconds. Quick & easy!
You can find freeze dried raspberries at Target, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Trader Joes and many health food stores. Even Aldi carries freeze dried fruit now. You can use any fruit you like– strawberries, blueberries or blackberries would all go well with lemon. And the colors are gorgeous!
Not only pretty on the outside, but pretty inside, too.
No gluten, dairy, grains, artificial colors, or refined sugar! Just healthy whole foods! Yay!
This pink pie is perfect for Valentine’s Day! If you have a heart shaped pan, that would be even more perfect.
Click image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
Raspberry Lemonade Pie
- 1/3 coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 can coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 3/4 cup freeze dried raspberries
- 2 Tbs coconut oil melted and warm
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Press into a 7" pie plate.
To make the cream:
- Blend freeze dried raspberries into powder using a small blender.
- Scoop out solid cream from a can of coconut milk into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the raspberry powder, syrup, zest, lemon juice and vanilla and whip with hand mixer. (Using a blender or food processor is not recommended because it changes the texture.)
- Pour in melted coconut oil last and stir briefly to incorporate (Do not overmix or it could clump together)
- Pour cream over crust. Decorate with berries and extra zest.
- Chill for 1 hour or until set. Enjoy!