Vegan Neapolitan Cheesecake! Cheesecake lovers (vegan or not) will love this recipe makeover that is gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly! Jump to Recipe
3 Amazing Flavors in One
Neapolitan desserts are not only so pretty but an absolute dream combination of flavors. You get THREE flavors of cheesecake!
A smooth, rich chocolate layer.
A bright strawberry layer. And
A creamy vanilla flavor.
PLUS a covering of chocolate ganache. Swoon. Chocolate with strawberries and cream, omg YUM. And WOW, it's beautiful.
Easy to Make
This may seem difficult to make, but I promise it's not.
The crust and filling are both made with the press of a button on a food processor.
Just soak and blend the ingredients into creamy cheesecake deliciousness!
In between making each layer, you'll simply chill the cake to set the layer, then continue blending and layering and chilling. Finally, chill the entire cake for a minimum of 4-6 hours until firm.
It's NUTS. Literally.
When I first tried cashew cream cheesecake I was floored! I couldn't believe the amazing creamy texture without dairy or eggs. Simply AMAZING.
Plus cashews add protein, fiber and nutrients so you're not just eating a sugar bomb that makes you feel horrible afterward. It's a dessert with benefits.
The other natural, wholesome ingredients are:
- Dates - for a no-bake crust that holds together
- Coconut Oil - the key component to hold the cake together
- Maple Syrup
- Cacao Powder - for amazing chocolate taste
(Shout out! I got some great tips on putting this cheesecake together from Audrey at Unconventional Baker. Be sure to follow her blog! She creates amazing and gorgeous vegan desserts.)
What are you waiting for? Get those cashews in some water and this beautiful cheesecake can be in your belly tomorrow.
Vegan Neapolitan Cheesecake
- 1 cup almonds
- 7 medjool dates - about ⅔ cup
- ¼ teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- Pinch pink salt
- Splash of water - if needed
- 2 ½ cups raw cashews - soaked overnight
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅔ cup maple syrup - to taste
- ⅔ cup coconut oil - melted
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- pinch of Pink salt
Additional Ingredients for Chocolate Layer:
- 2 Tbs cacao powder - to taste
- 1 ½ Tbs maple syrup - to taste
Additional Ingredients for Strawberry Layer:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips - I used Enjoy Life
- ⅓ cup canned coconut milk
To make the crust:
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a splash of water if it needs help coming together.
- Press into a parchment-lined 7" spring form pan (bottom only, not up the sides)
To make the cheesecake base:
- The night before, place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. The next day, drain and rinse.
- Blend cashews in a food processor. Then add remaining base ingredients and blend again, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust.
- Pour roughly ⅔ of the cheesecake mixture into 2 separate bowls (⅓ in each)
To make the chocolate layer:
- In the food processor, add cacao and sweetener to taste and blend thoroughly.
- Pour over crust and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
To make the strawberry & vanilla layers:
- Rinse your food processor and add in 1 bowl of cheesecake base and 1 cup of strawberries and blend.
- Pour over chocolate layer carefully so not to disturb the chocolate.
- *Important: freeze again for a minimum of 30-40 minutes to harden.
- After it has solidified, pour vanilla layer on top very slowly and carefully so the layers stay intact. (It helps to pour from around the edge first. I didn't wait long enough plus I poured it in the middle and it sunk a little through the strawberry layer. Still tastes great though)
- Smooth it out and place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
To make the chocolate topping:
- Heat the coconut milk to simmering and pour over chocolate.
- Let it set for 3 minutes to melt, then whisk smooth.
- Spread over the vanilla layer and set in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
- When cheesecake and chocolate have both solidified, it's ready to eat!
This looks delicious and is so pretty! I love that you have all these cheesecake recipes.. LOVE!! I haven't had cheesecake in years and its one of my husband's favorites, I think I'm going to try one of these out...i bet my kids are going to love it also. I'm going to go ahead and at least double the recipe as I'm betting it'll get eaten quick.
Thank you so much! Vegan cheesecakes are my favorite dessert Ever! If you try one, let me know what you think! Enjoy
This looks so delicious & I have a grandson that I need dairy free recipes for. Just a quick question. For the cheesecake filling could I swap out the maple syrup for a powdered sweetener or would that change the consistency. Also trying to follow a keto lifestyle. Thanks so much for all the interesting recipes that I just stumbled upon this morning that I am anxious to try.
Hi! Yes you can use powdered sweetener but you’ll need to replace the same quantity of syrup with another liquid (like water or almond milk) so it’s not too dry.
Always remember to taste as you go to make sure it’s sweet enough 🙂
Hope you enjoy!