I’m so excited to share this recipe for Vegan Neapolitan Cheesecake. Cheesecake lovers – vegan or not – will love this recipe makeover that is gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly!
Neapolitan desserts are so pretty! I’ve always loved pretty things… Mom, I’m sorry if you’re reading this. But… the truth must be revealed.
When I was really little, my mom used to put whipped cream on my dinner and say, “here’s your pretty food!” Hahaha! Crazy, right?
And that’s because I used to be the PICKIEST eater. Like ever. (Thank God I’ve changed.)
Pretty food > ugly food. Apparently this tendency has been ingrained into my sub-conscience for decades. Food is so much more enjoyable when it’s beautiful. Don’t you agree?
I think this pretty pie is soo pretty. (I love the pink!) It has has 3 different flavors of rich cheesecake layered on my favorite chewy almond/date crust. Plus a smothering of chocolate ganache. Swoon.
This may seem difficult to make, but I promise it’s not! You don’t even bake it! Just soak and blending up CASHEWS. No dairy! Simple: blend, taste/adjust, freeze, repeat.
Cashew cream + cacao + strawberries + chocolate = omg YUM. And WOW, it’s beautiful.
The first time I tried a cashew cream cheesecake I was floored! I couldn’t believe the amazing creamy texture. Now I’m hooked. Plus cashews add protein, fiber and nutrients so you’re not just eating sugar bomb that makes you feel horrible afterward. It’s dessert with benefits.
(Shout out! I got some great tips on putting this cheesecake together from Audrey at Unconventional Baker. Be sure to follow her blog! She creates amazing and gorgeous vegan desserts.)
What are you waiting for? Get those cashews in some water and this beautiful cheesecake can be in your belly tomorrow.
Save this recipe on Pinterest:
Vegan Neapolitan Cheesecake
- 1 cup almonds
- 7 medjool dates about 2/3 cup
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla beans
- Pinch pink salt
- Splash of water if needed
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup maple syrup to taste
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans
- pinch of Pink salt
Additional Ingredients for Chocolate Layer:
- 2 Tbs cacao powder to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbs maple syrup to taste
Additional Ingredients for Strawberry Layer:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
To make the crust:
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a splash of water if it needs help coming together.
- Press into a parchment-lined 7" spring form pan (bottom only, not up the sides)
To make the cheesecake base:
- The night before, place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. The next day, drain and rinse.
- Blend cashews in a food processor. Then add remaining base ingredients and blend again, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust.
- Pour roughly 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture into 2 separate bowls (1/3 in each)
To make the chocolate layer:
- In the food processor, add cacao and sweetener to taste and blend thoroughly.
- Pour over crust and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
To make the strawberry & vanilla layers:
- Rinse your food processor and add in 1 bowl of cheesecake base and 1 cup of strawberries and blend.
- Pour over chocolate layer carefully so not to disturb the chocolate.
- *Important: freeze again for a minimum of 30-40 minutes to harden.
- After it has solidified, pour vanilla layer on top very slowly and carefully so the layers stay intact. (It helps to pour from around the edge first. I didn't wait long enough plus I poured it in the middle and it sunk a little through the strawberry layer. Still tastes great though)
- Smooth it out and place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
To make the chocolate topping:
- Heat the coconut milk to simmering and pour over chocolate.
- Let it set for 3 minutes to melt, then whisk smooth.
- Spread over the vanilla layer and set in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
- When cheesecake and chocolate have both solidified, it's ready to eat!