Gooey caramel-coated cheesecake studded with healthy brownie chunks! You won’t miss the sugar or dairy in this LUSCIOUS low carb, vegan/Paleo dessert!
If you’ve been around my blog for a while, you probably know that vegan cheesecakes are my FAVORITE dessert on the planet. I’ve made dozens of them, but THIS ONE you guys. This one is probably the best yet.
This is the closest thing I’ve made to “REAL” cheesecake. That’s exactly what the hubs said when he tasted it (and exactly what I was thinking!) Soft and tender texture, super creamy with juuuusst the right amount of “cream cheese” flavor.
This may just be my GO-TO cheesecake base from now on. I’m OBSESSED. About to go hide me some slices so my kids don’t eat it all. Sorry not sorry, kids. Mommy’s not sharing this one!
Fall in LOVE
I’m pretty sure there’s something in cashews that creates the same euphoric, absolutely smitten feeling of falling in love. There has to be. I’m convinced 😉 Because when I eat cashew cheesecakes I’m absolutely on cloud 9.
Fall head over heels in love with the:
- LUSCIOUS cashew cream
- Delightfully drippy caramel
- Decadent chocolate brownies
Two words: worth it.
Brownies without the outrageous carbs?! Yes please!! I shared this Healthy No-Bake Brownie Bites recipe last week, and that’s the exact brownies I stuffed in this cheesecake.
Chewy, chocolatey, fudgy chunks of brownie. IN A CHEESECAKE. With caramel! An epic combination.
These brownies come together in just 15 seconds (yes, seconds!) in a food processor! Yep, just throw in the ingredients and blend. Easy!
Press the brownies onto a piece of parchment and flatten them out. Cut into bite size pieces and put half in the middle and half on top, so you get get to savor those chunks in phases. YASS.
This caramel sauce is my exact recipe for Low-Carb Caramels. Unlike most other caramel recipes out there, there’s NO cooking involved. This one takes less than 2 minutes to whisk everything together. So simple.
But instead of freezing it into molds to make candies, you just pour it on top of the cheesecake! Brilliant, right?? I can’t take credit for this genius; I got the idea to add it to a pie from a reader. So thank you! You’re my new bff. 😉
AND possibly my favorite part– drizzling some MORE drippy gooey caramel sauce over each slice! Oh.emm.geeee you guys. The rich creamy smooth caramel just MELTS in your mouth. It’s to die for! So don’t forget to save some for tha DRIZZ.
To SALT or not to salt?
If you want SALTED CARAMEL, you can totally sprinkle on some extra salt on this caramel. I tried it and I loved it that way, too! Either way, you might just be blown away that this is DAIRY and SUGAR-Freeeeee! (Makes me wanna bust out in a song and dance over here. But I’ll let my taste buds do the dancing instead) 😉
If you make this be sure to tag me on Instagram @emily.likes.food #prettypies. It makes my day to see your pics!
Caramel Brownie Chunk Cheesecake (Low-Carb, Vegan, Paleo)
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (I used half walnuts, half almonds)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- Dash of pure stevia powder
- Generous pinch of pink salt
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- Dash of pink salt
- Healthy Brownie Bites & Caramel see notes
To make the crust:
- Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor until a coarse crumb forms.
- Press into a small 7" springform pan lined with parchment.
To make the cheesecake:
- Soak cashews in hot water (just off a boil) for 2 hours (or overnight in room temp water). Drain, rinse and shake dry.
- Make brownie bites (recipe in notes) and set aside.
- Blend soaked cashews in a food processor until completely broken down.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and blend smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Pour half the filling over the crust. Add 1/2 the brownie bites around the edge and around the middle.
- Cover with remaining cheesecake on top and smooth with a spatula.
- Whisk together caramel (recipe linked in notes) Pour on top, reserving a few Tbs to drizzle on later. Top with remaining brownie bites.
- Cover pan with foil. Freeze or refrigerate until completely firm (minimum of 2-4 hours).
Bulk Supplements Pure Stevia Powder https://amzn.to/2HEtHlB Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk https://amzn.to/2JSf0fG Nutiva Coconut Oil: https://amzn.to/2H5V0o2 Himalayan Pink Salt: https://amzn.to/2qDduFk Mexican Vanilla: https://amzn.to/2vinWYh Cashews: https://amzn.to/2vmQjop To store: Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week, or frozen for 1 month. For non low-carb, replace the coconut milk with maple syrup, and replace the brownies and caramel with this recipe,