There are two ULTIMATE guilty pleasure desserts… CHEESECAKE and COOKIE DOUGH. But what if you could have them BOTH…practically guilt-free?? You CAN. I’m so excited to share this Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe! This dessert is made only with whole food ingredients, including a super healthy SECRET ingredient. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and no-bake and features my favorite chewy almond crust topped with decadent vanilla cheesecake, stuffed with lots and LOTS of healthy cookie dough bites!
This cheesecake is made with simple foods like nuts, dates, coconut oil and maple syrup. And the cookie dough is made with …. CHICKPEAS!! Haha! Yes, there’s BEANS in this cheesecake! I promise it doesn’t taste like beans. It tastes like amazingly soft and chewy balls of deliciousness. There is vanilla and peanut butter to conceal the chickpea flavor, but the beans make an incredibly soft doughy texture.. but it’s so much healthier than conventional cookie dough.
Many years ago I found this cookie dough dip recipe made with chickpeas from the famous Chocolate Covered Katie. (If you haven’t checked out her blog, I highly recommend it!) Healthy cookie dough sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? But it’s real! Beans + peanut butter + sweetener = amazing cookie dough flavor. A MUST-MAKE.
Then you’re going to scoop up that delicious cookie dough and put it inside a vanilla cheesecake! Double yum!! Delicious chunks of cookie dough spread throughout a rich (vegan) “cheesecake” There’s no cheese in this “cheesecake.” It’s made with cashew cream. A dairy-free person’s best friend. Another MUST-MAKE, change-your-life type of thing. Yep, it’s that good.
This cake is topped with whipped coconut cream and even more cookie dough. If you like chocolate chips, you can absolutely throw those into the cookie dough, too! But since this cake has to be refrigerated, the chips will get hard. BUT, you could always sprinkle some on top right before serving! Problem solved. Why didn’t I think of that before?! I guess I was too excited about devouring this cake. I’ve made this cookie dough dozens of times and it is so good it doesn’t even need chocolate chips.
Are you ready to try secretly healthy cookie dough?? And better yet, put it inside a cheesecake?! 🙂
Cookie Dough Stuffed Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- Splash of water to help blend if needed
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed & peeled
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3-4 Tbs maple syrup to taste
- 1 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbs maple syrup to taste
- 3 Tbs cashew milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can coconut milk refrigerated overnight, solid cream only
- 2 1/2 Tbs powdered sugar or maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- Pulse all ingredients in food processor. Press into parchment lined 7" springform pan (you may have extra crust leftover) Set in fridge.
To make the cookie dough:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Freeze for 2 hrs.
- Scoop half into 1Tb balls (for inside the cake) & half into 1 tsp balls (for topping). Set in fridge while you make the cheesecake layer.
To make the cheesecake:
- Add cashews to food processor & blend. Add remaining ingredients, scraping down sides & adjusting for desired sweetness. stream in oil at the end.
- Spread thin layer over crust. Add large cookie dough balls in a circular pattern. Top with remaining cheesecake mixture and smooth out. Set in freezer for at least 4 hours to firm up.
To make the whipped cream:
- Whip solid cream in a chilled bowl with hand mixer. Add remaining ingredients, taste & adjust and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove cake from springform pan and spread cream over cake. Decorate with small cookie dough balls.