All the refreshing deliciousness of a MOJITO, made into a healthy dessert: Frozen Mojito Pie! (No gluten, dairy, or refined sugar – Paleo & Vegan)My recent trip to Mexico gave me lots of inspiration for new recipes. It was my first time to try a mojito! (Have you ever had a one? So good!) It instantly became my favorite that I ordered over and over.
Tangy, refreshing, sweet and flavorful! LOVE.
Before I tried a mojito, I would have NEVER thought mint would be good in ANYTHING other than mint chocolate recipes. HA! I was so wrong. Lime + Mint is one of the most refreshing and delicious combinations!
I absolutely adore the flavor of lime and mint. So I decided to replicate it into a healthier dessert using one of my favorite things. You might be able to guess by the color what the main ingredient is. AVOCADO! Yes, I did it again. I can’t resist those creamy, healthy fats!
I’m a BIG fan of avocado.. especially avocado desserts! It is so deliciously CREAMY! And healthy, too!
This recipe is it only has SIX ingredients (plus salt and a splash of water!) Almonds, dates, avocado, lime, maple syrup and fresh mint leaves! Whole foods. Packed full of nutrients. No added oils, no funky ingredients you can’t pronounce. Just yummy goodness.
I haven’t tried, but I bet you could totally add a few good splashes of white rum to make this a boozy adult treat. Hey, why not? One day (when I’m not making desserts for kids all the time) I’ll have to try it ;)
It’s so simple to make! You just throw the ingredients into a food processor. EASY, healthy and delicious. Have you tried avocado in your dessert?
Frozen Mojito Pie
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 1/4 cup pitted dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- Splash of water to help blend
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup maple syrup to taste
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves to taste
- Extra lime slices zest, & mint, for garnishing
- Whipped coconut cream optional, for serving
To make the crust:
- Pulse ingredients together in a food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a splash of water to help it come together.
- Press into a standard size pie plate.
To make the filling:
- Add avocados to food processor and blend smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients, to taste.
- Pour over crust and set in the freezer for about 4 hours to firm up.
- Thaw on the counter for 30-45 minutes. Garnish however you like, slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!