Can you believe there is NO food coloring in this frosting?! Gorgeous purple that’s simply made from fruit!
Purple is my fav. I want to make all the purple pies just so I can stare at them. So pretty. (So be prepared for more pretty purple things.)HOW do you get this pretty purple?? This cream is colored 100% with BLUEBERRIES! Yep, just freeze dried blueberries blended up into powder! Can you believe it?! Yay for natural coloring!
I found freeze dried blueberries at Sprouts, but you can also find freeze dried fruit at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and place like Aldi and Target now, too!
These cookies are a dense chewy and delightfully lemon flavor made with CASHEWS! Isn’t it amazing? No flour, butter or oil! And they’re super simple to make. Just throw the ingredients into a food processor then scoop dough onto a cookie sheet.
This recipe is vegan and paleo-friendly and sure to wow your guests with the pretty color.
For more delicious whole food recipes Follow me on Pinterest!
Flourless Lemon Cookies with Blueberry Whipped Cream
For the cookies:
- 1 cup cashew butter (heaping) I used homemade
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch pink salt
For the whipped cream:
- 1.2 oz package freeze dried blueberries I found them at Sprouts
- 1 can coconut milk chilled overnight
- 2 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend well.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet (I used a 1.5Tb cookie scoop)
- Flatten with a spatula
- Bake for 12 minutes or until set
- Let cool completely before removing and frosting
To make the whipped cream:
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight and the next day scoop out the solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl (save the water for a smoothie!)
- Blend the package of freeze dried blueberries in a small blender until it forms a fine powder.
- Add the blueberry powder, vanilla and maple syrup to your bowl and whip the cream until fluffy and stiff peaks form. (I prefer my handheld mixer)
- Taste & adjust for sweetness.
- Scoop the whipped cream into a gallon-size plastic bag and snip off the tip to pipe the cream onto each cookie. (I used a cake decorating frosting tip to make it extra fancy)
- Garnish each cookie with blueberries.