Flourless, sugar-free bites of brownie bliss. Ready in minutes with no cooking or baking required! Keto, Paleo and Vegan approved! Jump to Recipe
What are the ingredients in "real" brownies? #1: SUGAR. Then a lot of butter, plus flour, cocoa and eggs. Will you find ANY of those ingredients in these healthy brownie bites?! NO. Don't believe me? Just watch 😉 (I love that song, ha)
True story: I'll probably never eat a "real" brownie again in my life. Why? I don't want to deal with the distress it's going to cause my gut, the headaches, the sluggishness, the damage to my body and wellbeing. It's just not worth it to me. But I AM going to satisfy my brownie cravings without succumbing to the sugar beast.
Not to mention, once you go off the SAD (Standard American Diet) conventional foods just don't taste good anymore. I had a bite of a store-bought coconut pie at an event recently and it just tasted artificial to me. And regular desserts are soooo sweet I can't imagine finishing a whole serving of one now. I MUCH prefer homemade treats, don't you? You just can't beat the taste of homemade.
But we're taking it a step further than homemade by using only wholesome, natural ingredients. Unconventional- yes, but delectable nonetheless!
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Meet the Ingredients
So if these brownies are flourless, sugarless, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, etc ETC, what in the world are they made of?? Nuts and plants! 🙂 Six simple ingredients you can feel good about! YAY!
- Walnuts - full of omega 3's, Vitamin C, antioxidants and minerals. fiber and protein. And since it's a softer nut, it blends to the perfect consistency.
- Cashew Butter - mildly sweet, and super rich and creamy. The perfect alternative to dairy butter.
- Raw Cacao - this "superfood" it has the highest plant-based source of iron. and 40x the antioxidants of blueberries
- Pink Himalayan Salt - 84 minerals add complex layers of amazing FLAVOR
- Pure Stevia Powder - 1-ingredient, zero-carb, natural sweetener made from the leaves of a plant. This brand does not have a bad aftertaste to me. You only need a TINY bit (see pic above) so that bag of stevia will last YEARS lol.
- Mexican Vanilla Extract - adds incredible, top-notch vanilla flavor and sweetness
How do you make NO-BAKE brownies?!
These are so simple to make-- No cooking! No oven or stove needed. Not even a microwave.
Literally dump all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for 20 SECONDS. Yes, seconds!
Chill & slice into bites. Scrumptiously sweet bites that you can pop in your mouth whenever you need a little chocolate fix.
(I actually prefer my brownie bites in ball form, but you can press the dough into a pan, too, for little brownie squares like in the photos.)
I totally love these bites straight from the freezer. Just don't leave them sitting out too long, because they do tend to get soft. But if melty, fudgy texture is your thing, GO FOR IT.
Get a Healthy Chocolate Fix
Are you READY for a healthy chocolate fix?? I know I am! This momma needs chocolate and she needs it now.
ps. Stay tuned because I've got another brand new recipe that uses these brownie bites!! EEK I can't wait to share! So go ahead and make a batch (or 2!) so you'll be ready 😉
UPDATE: I added these brownies to this Caramel Brownie Chunk CHEESECAKE and OH EM GEEEE.
Click the image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
Healthy No-Bake Brownie Bites (Keto, Paleo, Vegan)
- 1 cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup cashew butter - or almond butter
- 3-4 Tbs cacao powder - (depending on how dark you like)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of pink salt
- Scant 1/16 teaspoon pure stevia powder - see notes for sub
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend about 15-20 seconds until a loose ball of dough forms. (Note, the longer you blend, the softer/more fudgy the brownies become. But I like to keep a little texture in mine)
- Press brownie dough into a small (5"x5") pan lined with parchment (Or scoop into balls using a cookie scoop)
- Freeze for 15 minutes to set.
- Slice into bite size chunks. ENJOY! 🙂
Can you use something other than walnuts?
Yes! Any nut would technically work, but I recommend a softer one, like cashews, pecans or macadamia 🙂
Do you have an alternative for nuts. My sister is allergic to nuts.
Roasted pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) might be good! Or a mix of seeds and/or shredded coconut, but you would need to blend it longer to smooth it out.
If you try a sub, please let me know how it turns out
Would adding avocado not make it work somehow? I like adding avocados to anything I can... just wondering before I give it a shot
It would be much softer & maybe like fudge, but if you want to try it, go for it! Might be amazing! Remember to adjust sweetener & cacao to taste. Report back how it goes
Can I use Honey instead of Stevia?
That might work. If it's too wet, sprinkle on some coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
For non low-carb I use dates 🙂 Like in this recipe: https://prettypies.com/recipe/salted-caramel-brownie-bites/
I made these so I could add them in the caramel brownie chunk cheesecake but I knew I’d probably want more so I doubled the recipe before ever trying it and I was glad I did! These are so easy and so good and my fiancé’s diabetic chocolate addicted mother approved too!!
So happy to hear that!!
Would this recipe work to blend in a bullet I haven't committed to a food processor ...but on my list .
Possibly! It may be more chunky though. I would grind the nuts to a coarse meal in the blender first then add the remaining ingredients. Good luck! Let me know how they turn out 🙂
Hey i love the recipee❤️❤️
But i live in Europe and would love to have the ingredients in grams as well.I find it very hard to convert the cups in grams in google .
I'm so sorry, I don't know the grams Some of my readers just buy a set of US measuring cups. Is that a possibility?
Or could you go by number of Tablespoons? 16 Tbs per cup. Hope that is helpful. I do apologize.
I made mine with brazil nuts & added maple syrup, then shaped into balls. Yummy treat! Great chocolate fix.
Glad you liked them
What can I substitute for cashews in this recipe and others?
Here you can use almond butter. For others, it depends on the recipe 🙂 But I’m happy to help if you have a specific recipe you need converted