You only need 4 ingredients and 4 minutes to whip up this creamy strawberry mousse. (No dairy, eggs, corn starch or refined sugar!)
How to Make Dairy-Free Mousse
Need a quick creamy treat? I’ve gotcha covered. You may recall my Instant Lemon Mousse recipe. (Love it!) This is *almost* as instant, but just as easy.
Both use canned coconut milk, vanilla, sweetener and fruit. NO dairy, eggs, corn starch, SUGAR, or artificial boxed stuff. 100% healthy whole-food ingredients! But there are some important things to remember:
- For best results, always use Thai Kitchen brand coconut milk. Others I’ve tried don’t separate the cream from the water (which results in a FAILED recipe. Nobody wants that!)
- Don’t forget the coconut milk MUST be chilled for at *least* 24 hours. So preparation is key 🙂 (I always keep 2-3 cans stocked in my fridge at ALL times – ya know, in case of a dessert emergency lol)
But once you’ve got those 2 things covered, it’s a breeze! Done in under 5 minutes MINUTES!
How? Simply whip the cream and the other ingredients together. (I prefer my little hand mixer over my giant stand mixer. Less clean-up for one! And it’s a small batch, so you don’t need the big guns)
If you haven’t tried freeze dried fruit yet, NOW IS THE TIME. It is so delicious!
This is different from dehydrated fruit, which is more chewy. Freeze dried is very LIGHT and crisp. Sort of like a strawberry CHIP. And like other chips, these are definitely “I wanna eat the whole bag right NOW” good. (But don’t. Cuz then you wouldn’t be able to make this strawberry mousse! ha.)
All you have to do is dump the whole bag of freeze dried strawberries into a small blender or food processor and blend them into a powder. It literally takes 10 seconds. Then dump the powder onto your coconut cream and whip it. Whip it good, ha. 😉ps: Looking for more recipes with freeze dried fruit? You’ll love these: Homemade Starburst, Blueberry Whipped Cream, Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes, Raspberry Lemonade Pie, and Low-Carb Strawberry Lime Cheesecake!
Click image below to save this recipe on Pinterest & follow me for more deliciously healthy recipes
Easy Strawberry Mousse (Vegan, Paleo)
- (Use cans that have been refrigerated overnight.) Carefully scoop out the solid cream into a mixing bowl (save the leftover water for a smoothie!)
- In a small blender or food processor, pulverize the freeze dried strawberries into a powder.
- Add powder, maple syrup and vanilla to the mixing bowl with the cream. Whip with a hand mixer until combined, about 1 minute.
- Chill for 30-60 minutes, if you like. Enjoy!