Peanut Butter BLISS, 3 ways! Yummy raw Pb COOKIE DOUGH bites, crisp COOKIES, or take it over the top by making ‘Reese’s’ pb ICE CREAM SANDWICHES! All low-carb, gluten-free and dairy-free (Keto & Vegan!) Jump to Recipe
So I basically spent this whole week eating peanut butter, LOL. Oh, the things I do as a recipe developer. I do it for YOU GUYS. 😀
Let me tell ya, it took many many tries to get these right. I originally was going to make Reese’s fudgesicles, but they were a FAIL. Tasted AMAZING, but if you saw in my Insta-stores, you saw they were NOT pretty, haha.
And I’ve been wanting to make ice cream sandwiches like the WHOLE summer, and here we are in August with school starting back up soon and I just HAD to get at least one ice cream sandwich in.
However, baking cookies with NO flour, no butter, no EGGS and no SUGAR is *NOT* for the faint of heart.
But finally, success! PRAISE HANDS, hallelujah, I’m in LOVE with how these turned out!
The DOUGH, the COOKIES, and especially the ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. You guys, it’s SO hard to decide which version to make (and so hard not to just eat up all the dough before you even get to the sandwiches. You’ve been warned.
HEALTHY RAW COOKIE DOUGH
No salmonella-laced balls of sugar overload here, folks. This is simple, plant-based whole-food cookie dough HEAVEN.
6 Clean Ingredients:
- natural peanut butter
- almond flour
- flaxseed + water
- pure stevia
It’s DOUGHY, thick, smooth, chewy, and PACKED with sweet peanut butter FLAVOR.
And to make it, you simply stir everything together! SO quick and easy. You can eat it right away, or scoop into balls, or freeze/refrigerate it to firm it up. However you like!
If you’re leaving this cookie dough RAW (i.e. not going to bake it into cookies) you can use a powdered sweetener such as monkfruit, erythritol, or concentrated sweeteners such as monkfruit extract, monkfruit drops, stevia drops or the like.
Or for non keto use powdered coconut sugar or regular powdered sugar.
TIP: Use code PRETTYPIES to save 20% on all monkfruit HERE.
GUILT-FREE PB BLISS
With just 2 grams of net carbs for each cookie dough ball and an impressive FOUR grams of protein each, these make the perfect little snack or dessert.
Now here’s your tough decision.. will you keep it RAW or do you want to bake them into cookies??
Decisions, decisions… It’s tough. You’re on your own with that one. I mean who can resist pb cookie dough??
BAKE IT TO MAKE IT
Crisp around the edges, chewy and slightly soft inside. Sweet and a little salty.
SO HARD TO BELIEVE THERE’S NO FLOUR, EGGS OR SUGAR.
Sometimes I absolutely SHOCK myself at what you can create using unconventional ingredients. Things that taste SO much like the REAL thing that we all grew up with. But NONE of the junk! IS THIS REAL LIFE?
I’ve got a solution to the dilemma. Make a double BATCH. One to eat as raw cookie dough balls, and another to bake into cookies. Because you do NOT want to miss out on this peanut butter ice cream SANDWICHES, friends!!
JUST LOOK AT THOSE COOKIES.
And, yes, they taste as good as they look!
But WAIT. It gets even better… you add THIS:
SHORTCUT (No-Churn) ICE CREAM
I’m making it EASY because I know you don’t have a lot of time. And many of you don’t own an ice cream maker, and I didn’t want you to be left out of this deliciousness.
Solution?? This Healthy Reese’s Mousse I posted on the blog a few months ago! It’s so rich and creamy just like dairy, but it’s made with coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
YES you can freeze it into ICE CREAM. No churning, no special equipment. Just a few ingredients whisked together and frozen.
And it’s SO delicious! I absolutely love this peanut butter chocolate mousse on its own, but sandwiching it between two peanut butter COOKIES?! Oh em gee! I love it!
Healthy Ice Cream SANDWICHES
There are a few TIPS you need to make sure you follow in this recipe for the BEST results.
- FIRST, you want to FREEZE your cookies after you bake them, and KEEP them frozen until it’s time to assemble them. This ensures they don’t crumble into bits.
- SECOND, you need to THAW your ice cream before putting it in the sandwiches. Let your ice cream scoops sit at room temp for about 20 minutes to soften. Then sandwich between two *frozen* cookies and enjoy immediately.
Since homemade ice cream has no stabilizers (fillers/additives/aka junk) it will be too hard straight from the freezer. But letting it soften first does the trick 😉 AND IT’S SO WORTH THE WAIT.
Click the image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies, Cookie Dough & Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
To make the pb cookie dough:
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water and set aside to thicken for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in flax mixture and mix well until a smooth dough forms. Add a little extra almond flour if it's too sticky. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 9 portions. Roll the dough smooth in your hands. To enjoy as cookie dough bites, freeze for 20 minutes to firm up.
To make cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Form dough balls into cookies by flattening with a spatula and adding fork marks. (Cookies will not spread, so make them the exact size you want.)
- Bake for 10-11 min until firm.
- Allow to cool before touching & handle with care (cookies are fragile) Optional - add a sprinkle of coarse salt.
To make ice cream sandwiches:
- Freeze cookies for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Make ice cream by whisking together all ingredients. Chill for 1 hour if your mixture is too liquidy to hold shape as a scoop.
- Use a medium ice cream scoop to portion out ice cream scoops onto tray lined with parchment. Cover ice cream scoops with more parchment and flatten them into cookie shapes.
- Freeze ice cream until solid, about 1 hour.
- To assemble, let ice cream scoops sit at room temp for about 20 minutes to soften. Then sandwich between two *frozen* cookies and enjoy immediately.
Natural Organic Peanut Butter from ALDI Coconut milk Cacao Powder Pure Stevia Powder Almond flour Pink Salt Mexican Vanilla Ground flaxseed from ALDI Alternative Sweetener options: pure stevia drops, pure monkfruit extract, pure monkfruit drops Macros for each cookie:
- Calories 111
- Fat 9 g
- Carb 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Net Carb 2g
- Protein 4g