BERRYLICIOUS Strawberry Cream Pie!
Strawberry season is the best season! Especially because grocery stores start marking the prices down super low! Aldi had berries on sale for ONE DOLLAR so you know I had to buy FIVE.
And I’m so glad I did! I took 3 cups of those juicy ripe berries and transformed them into one of my favorite strawberry recipes YET. Holy moly you guys. This is a must make!
Favorite ‘REAL DEAL’ Grain-Free Crust
This crust is one of my ALL -TIME FAVES. It reminds me of the conventional flour, sugar, butter crusts– tastes so buttery like a shortbread cookie. But there’s no butter!
I keep going back to this crust recipe from my Chocolate Silk Pie. It’s one that I make again and again and it never disappoints!
Plus it’s so much healthier than the traditional pie crust. No gluten, no grains, no refined sugar. Since it’s made with almond flour, flax and coconut oil, it’s full of protein and fiber and healthy fats. Your grandma’s pie crust can’t say THAT. 😉
Don’t worry about having to cut in the butter, or roll the dough, or use pie weights or any of that crazy stuff. This one you just stir together and press into a pan. I use parchment paper to make it much easier to remove.
Pie with Fresh Strawberries
You guys have asked for more recipes using *fresh* strawberries and I delivered! You won’t need any freeze dried strawberries like a few of my recipes call for.
And you won’t even need to cook the berries to remove the water! (Did you know strawberries are like 98% water?!)
So how do you make a strawberry pie that doesn’t end up watery or soggy? Nope, it’s not gelatin, cashews, starch or oil!
ps. If you love strawberries, be sure to check out these other delectable berrylicious desserts (all free from gluten & dairy!):
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
- Strawberries ‘N Cream Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Strawberry Shortcake
- Neapolitan Cheesecake
- Low-Carb Peanut Butter Strawberry Squares
- Strawberry Daiquiri Bites
- Lemon Cookies with Strawberry Cream
How to make Magic PINK Cream
It’s the magic of COCONUT BUTTER. What is coconut butter? It’s made simply by blending dried (unsweetened) coconut flakes into a butter the same way you make nut butter.
SO EASY (and way cheaper than buying it).
- Literally just throw in 2 cups of flakes and turn on the food processor.
- Let it blend until it’s basically a liquid (very runny and thin). It can take about 15 minutes, so I like to start my butter as the crust is baking.
- Stop a few times along the way to scrape down the sides.
- Boom. It’s done.
And surprisingly it does NOT taste like coconut (even though I love the stuff!) Coconut butter has a mildly sweet sort of shortbread type of flavor. All I taste here is mega strawberry sweetness. Mmmm so good.
TIP: use *fresh* coconut flakes since older/stale ones are harder to blend. Learned that the hard way and it took forrrrevr 😉
And THEN it’s time for the pink magic… Throw in 2 cups of strawberries and you get this DELICIOUS beautiful PINK strawberry cream!! I’m IN LOVE.
Slather that crust in this gorgeous pink magic and add more beautiful berries on top. Set it in the fridge to chill for a couple hours to set. And Oh Em Geeeee. It’s absolutely bursting with strawberry flavor.
You might want to go ahead and make two pies. Cuz this one’s gonna go FAST.
>Follow me on Pinterest for more delicious REAL FOOD recipes. Click image below to PIN this recipe.
If you make this, drop a comment below, or tag me on Insta! I’d love to hear what you think 😀
Strawberry Cream Pie (Gluten & Dairy-Free)
Shortbread Cookie Crust:
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a pie plate with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax, water and maple syrup. Set aside 2 minutes to thicken. Then whisk in oil.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, salt. Pour wet mixture over flour and mix well.
- Spread dough over the dish and flatten with a measuring cup. Pinch the edges with your fingers. Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom to let air escape.
- Bake for about 20 min until lightly golden around the edges. Let cool before filling.
To make the Strawberry Cream Filling:
- Blend coconut in a food processor for about 15 minutes until liquefied, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness, if needed (esp if your berries are tart)
- Pour filling over crust. Garnish with more strawberries and chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set.