If I HAD to pick a favorite recipe, this would probably be it!
This is one recipe that I keep going back to over and over again. I just LOVE lime! Don’t you?
And the extra creamy sweetness does not come from cream cheese with cups (and cups!) of white sugar added.
It’s from CASHEWS! It’s simply amazing how they transform into cream!
The main ingredients are pretty simple nuts, dates, limes, coconut oil and the liquid sweetener of your choice. Light amber maple syrup or light honey both taste great.
This cheesecake is addictive. You have been warned.
So. much. deliciousness.
Vegan & Paleo Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup dates
- pinch of Pink salt
- 2 1/3 cup cashews soaked in water overnight, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup lime juice from 2 large limes
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest for Garnish
To make the crust:
- Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form.
- Press into parchment lined springform pan (I used a 7" pan)
To make the filling:
- Add soaked cashews to food processor and thoroughly blend, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend, streaming in oil last.
- Taste & adjust sweetness/tartness.
- Pour over crust and add zest for garnish.
- Freeze for about 2 hours to speed up the hardening.
- Transfer to fridge. Keep refrigerated (or frozen).
- Remove from springform pan. Slice & Enjoy! You can also top this with coconut whipped cream for an even more decadent cheesecake!