No bake key lime cheesecake! Delicious tangy, tart citrus flavor. Rich and creamy without any dairy! (Gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, Paleo & Vegan!
Dairy-Free Lime Cheesecake
If I HAD to pick a favorite recipe, this would probably be it! THIS is is one recipe that I keep going back to over and over again. I just LOVE lime! And especially when it’s part of a rich creamy cheesecake!
How to Make Cream without Dairy
And the extra creamy sweetness does not come from cream cheese with cups (and cups!) of white sugar added.
It’s from CASHEWS! It’s simply amazing how they transform into cream!
YES you can make vegan/paleo dairy-free cream by blending soaked cashews! Soaking softens the nuts and helps them blend easier. They also absorb some of the water while soaking, which helps make a FANTASTIC cream.
Update: I learned a shortcut to making cashew cheesecakes over the years!
Major time saver: If you don’t have 12 hours to soak your cashews, you can soak them in as little as 1-2 hours.
How? By using HOT *just off a boil* water. This speeds up the process dramatically.
Simple, Whole Food Ingredients!
The main ingredients are pretty simple
- nuts (almonds to make a crust and cashews for the cream)
- dates to act as a binder and sweetener for the crust
- limes for that tangy citrus flavor
- coconut oil to act as the binder for the filling. (An alternative is palm oil – must be an oil that solidifies when chilled since we are not baking)
- liquid sweetener of your choice. Light amber maple syrup or light colored honey both taste great. (Click here for a low-carb version)
Always add a pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla to *every* dessert for good measure 😉 It really makes a difference.
So. much. deliciousness in this cheesecake. It is addictive. You have been warned, ha.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating below, comment and tag me on Instagram @emily.likes.food so I can see your creation!
Vegan & Paleo Key Lime Cheesecake
- Food Processor
To make the crust:
- Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form.
- Press into parchment lined springform pan (I used a 7" pan)
To make the filling:
- Add soaked cashews to food processor and thoroughly blend, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend, streaming in oil last.
- Taste & adjust sweetness/tartness.
- Pour over crust and add zest for garnish.
- Freeze for about 2 hours to speed up the hardening.
- Transfer to fridge. Keep refrigerated (or frozen).
- Remove from springform pan. Slice & Enjoy! You can also top this with coconut whipped cream for an even more decadent cheesecake!