An AMAZING Dairy Alternative
You guys!! This “BUTTERCREAM” .. yes, I have to put it in quotes because it’s NOT your conventional buttercream….
There’s no butter in there! And you totally won’t miss it!
All my dairy-free friends this: is gonna make you SO happy! Even if you’re NOT dairy-free & low-carb, this stuff is SO GOOD.
My family who’s *not* keto, vegan or paleo loved these!
How Do You Make Dairy-free Keto Cream Filling?
The recipe was inspired by my “Healthy Buttercream for One” recipe from years ago! Instead of butter, you can use NUT butter!!
Practically ANY kind will do. My personal fav is CASHEW (because I may have a slight addiction)
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this “buttercream.” It’s the best way to get some good fats in and to keep me feeling SATISFIED and *not* deprived when I’m in low-carb mode.
Eat with a SPOON or in a CUP!
I LOVE to just eat the buttercream on its own as a guilt-free treat, but THIS takes it to another LEVEL.
We’re gonna take this buttercream, and put it in a crisp chocolate SHELL. Oh emm GEEE. It’s like a “Reese’s Cup” but with CREAMY FLUFFY SMOOTH CHOCOLATE inside (!!). I die.
My first batch of these, I made in a standard (silicone) muffin pan, which turned out to be six very LARGE servings. This was a little too much for me, so the next round I did 12 minis in my mini muffin pan. PERFECT.
But you can make them any size you like!
My Secrets to Amazing Chocolate
(And if you want to make MOCHA flavor, you can by adding extra espresso!! YUM!)
The espresso is optional, but I really love how it adds a little something extra. It enhances the flavor while the salt deepens the complexity. (Always ALWAYS add pink salt to everything basically) 🙂
Click the image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
If you make this recipe, I wanna hear what you think!! Tag me on Instagram @emily.likes.food #prettypies
Keto Chocolate "Buttercream" Cups (Dairy-free, Vegan & Paleo)
- 1 3.1 oz bar dark chocolate - (sugar-free for keto)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
To make the chocolate cups:
- Line a muffin pan with wrappers (12 for mini, 6 for large) Or use silicone.
- Roughly chop the bar of chocolate and place in a glass bowl with the coconut oil.
- Melt in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Whisk smooth.
- Pour a small amount of melted chocolate into each wrapper to coat the bottom. Tilt the pan to swirl chocolate to coat the sides.
- Reserve about 1/2 of the chocolate for the top.
- Freeze chocolate cups while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- If using espresso powder, dissolve it into the milk by stirring together.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with more sweetener, cacao, espresso or salt, if needed,
- Scoop about 1/2 to 1 Tbs into each chocolate cup.
- Pour remaining chocolate over each cup.
- Freeze or refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to set.