You guys!! This “BUTTERCREAM” .. yes, I have to put it in quotes because it’s NOT your conventional buttercream…. There’s no butter in there! And you totally won’t miss it!
All my dairy-free friends this: is gonna make you SO happy! Even if you’re NOT dairy-free & low-carb, this stuff is SO GOOD. My family who’s *not* keto, vegan or paleo loved these!
How do you make dairy-free, keto buttercream?!
Ok you’re back, now can you even believe this?? Instead of butter, you can use NUT butter!! Practically ANY kind will do. My personal fav is CASHEW (because I may have a slight addiction)
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this “buttercream.” It’s the best way to get some good fats in and to keep me feeling SATISFIED and *not* deprived when I’m in low-carb mode.
Grab a SPOON or a Chocolate CUP!
I LOVE to just eat the buttercream from my eBook on it’s own as a guilt-free treat, but THIS takes it to another LEVEL.
We’re gonna take this buttercream, and put it in a crisp chocolate SHELL. Oh emm GEEE. It’s like a “Reese’s Cup” but with CREAMY FLUFFY SMOOTH CHOCOLATE inside (!!). I die.
My first batch of these, I made in a standard (silicone) muffin pan, which turned out to be six very LARGE servings. This was a little too much for me, so the next round I did 12 minis in my mini muffin pan. PERFECT. But you can make them any size you like!
The SECRET to amazing chocolate flavor– a good amount of pink SALT, and a little instant ESPRESSO powder. (And if you wanna make it into MOCHA flavor, you totally can by adding extra!! YUM!)
The espresso is optional, but I really love how it adds a little something extra. It enhances the flavor while the salt deepens the complexity. (Always ALWAYS add pink salt to everything basically) 🙂
Click image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
If you make this recipe, I wanna hear what you think!! Tag me on Instagram @emily.likes.food #prettypies
Keto Chocolate "Buttercream" Cups (Dairy-free, Vegan & Paleo)
- 1 3.1 oz bar dark chocolate (sugar-free for keto)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
Chocolate "Buttercream" Filling
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1-2 tsp (or more) instant espresso powder (optional, to taste)
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbs cacao powder
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 10 drops Sweet Leaf vanilla creme stevia or monkfruit drops
- Pinch of pink salt
To make the chocolate cups:
- Line a muffin pan with wrappers (12 for mini, 6 for large) Or use silicone.
- Roughly chop the bar of chocolate and place in a glass bowl with the coconut oil.
- Melt in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Whisk smooth.
- Pour a small amount of melted chocolate into each wrapper to coat the bottom. Tilt the pan to swirl chocolate to coat the sides.
- Reserve about 1/2 of the chocolate for the top.
- Freeze chocolate cups while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- If using espresso powder, dissolve it into the milk by stirring together.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with more sweetener, cacao, espresso or salt, if needed,
- Scoop about 1/2 to 1 Tbs into each chocolate cup.
- Pour remaining chocolate over each cup.
- Freeze or refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to set.