Crazy delicious (and secretly healthy) COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM! with no dairy, gluten, sugar, or artificial sweeteners! (Keto, Vegan and Paleo approved!)
Disclosure: we are participants of Amazon Associates and may earn commissions on qualifying purchases.
Delicious Homemade Ice Cream
Those delicious chunks of DOUGH and bits of dark chocolate smothered by fluffy smooth vanilla ice cream. REAL-DEAL tasting ice cream!!
Is this real life?! How is it possible that one of my FAVORITE ice cream flavors of all time is now LOW-CARB, plant-based and still FRIGGIN delicious?!
Move over, Braums. I'm not gonna miss you one bit. I have Pretty Pies healthy ice cream!! 😀
Oh em gee, you guys! Even if you *don't* make this into ice cream, you NEED to make some of this raw cookie dough JUST TO SNACK ON by itself.
This stuff is pure magic, I tell you. NONE of the ingredients found in conventional cookie dough, yet utterly delicious. Yeah.. OBSESSIVELY delicious.
This is NUTS. Literally, it's made of nuts lol! Almond butter plus a little almond flour. Mix it up with a little stevia, and vanilla, and fold in some dark chocolate. IT TASTES SO MUCH LIKE REAL COOKIE DOUGH. I'm not exaggerating.
And it *literally* takes less than 2 minutes to stir together. ISN'T THAT NUTS? You've gotta try this.
And at just 2g net carbs per serving of cookie dough, it totally fits into a keto/low-carb diet. Even if you're not keto, this stuff is so good! Take my advice and double the recipe because it definitely will go way too fast 😉
How to Make Ice Cream
To make this into Cookie Dough ICE CREAM, you do need an Ice Cream Maker. I use this one by Cuisinart
If you don't have an ice cream maker, it won't have the same "real" ice cream consistency and soft creamy texture, but you can still try it. Just keep an eye on it in the freezer, and whisk it often to aerate (that's what makes it creamy!)
If you DO have an ice cream maker, just remember to chill your bowl for 24 HOURS before attempting to use it. It's gotta be rreeeeeally cold. And when you shake it, you don't want to hear any sloshing around inside. Patience, my friend. It's so worth the wait 🙂
4-Ingredient Dairy-Free Ice Cream Ingredients
When you're ready to make it, it's so so simple. Just throw in these 4 ingredients into a little blender and mix 'em up.
- Coconut Milk (this is my go-to brand. Always buy FULL FAT. The low fat is watered down and will be icy) Buying in bulk on Amazon makes it cheaper 😉
- Almond Butter - Look for a natural brand with no added sugar. I used homemade by blending 2 cups of dry roasted almonds from Aldi in a food processor for 5 min. Super easy & delish.
- Pure Stevia Powder - I love this brand because it's ONE ingredient and it does not have strong aftertaste or weird metallic taste. Just pure natural sweetness. Yum.
- Good Vanilla
If you wanna read more about WHY these ingredients make incredible ice cream, as well as lots of TIPS I learned along the way in making homemade ice cream, check out my original Keto Ice Cream post.
I recommend this Ice Cream Maker on Amazon
Churning the Ice Cream
After you churn the ice cream and it starts to get really thick (mine takes about 10 minutes) then you add in that CHUNKY GOODNESS.
Transfer the freshly churned ice cream to a shallow dish (I use a loaf pan) and mix in the lovely bites of cookie dough. Then you've gotta be a little patient once again....One. more. hour. You can do it! The extra hour of freezing makes all the difference in making it taste like REAL ice cream.
And of COURSE, don't forget to throw on even MORE chunks of that dough on TOP of your scoops. Because oh my word, they're to die for!
Keep frozen in an airtight container. This is best-served same-day, as it does not contain stabilizers/additives like store-bought ice cream.
Cookie dough will last 2 months frozen if stored separately.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream (Keto, Dairy-Free, GF)
To make the cookie dough:
- Stir together all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a medium mixing bowl. Mix for about 1 minute to let the flour absorb. If it's still too wet, add 1 teaspoon at a time until it's a dough consistency. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough onto a plate lined with parchment, slice into chunks, and freeze until the ice cream is churning.
To make the ice cream:
- (Remember to place ice cream bowl in freezer for 24 hours or until completely solid.)
- BLEND all ingredients in a small blender. Taste and adjust if needed (more stevia, vanilla or salt)
- CHILL mixture. Place blender container of ice cream mixture in the freezer for 1 hour prior to churning so it gets very cold, but not frozen.
- CHURN mixture in ice cream maker about 10 minutes (or until thickened to soft serve consistency)
- MIX IN. Transfer ice cream to a loaf pan of shallow dish and mix in ½ of the cookie dough chunks.
- Eat right away as soft serve, or freeze 1 hour for a true ice cream texture.
- Thaw on the counter 5-10 minutes before scooping. Serve with a few extra chunks of cookie dough on top. ENJOY 🙂
Approximate Macros (per serving)
- 219 cal
- 19g fat
- 3g net carbs
- 4g protein
- 109 cal
- 9g fat
- 4g carbs
- 2g fiber
- 2g net carbs
- 4g protein