Peach Cobbler!! The classic summer dessert made healthier — no gluten/grains, dairy, or sugar! (Paleo, Vegan & Low-Carb)
Warning: I’m feeling really FEISTY today, lol. I am NOT feeling like my usual southern peach self. BUT I AM crazy about this PEACH COBBLER.
This is me stepping out of my comfort zone again and trying new things. And I keep surprising myself. I LIKE IT. 🙂
IN WITH THE NEW
Just a few weeks ago I made my very first Blueberry Cobbler, and man oh man it was TASTY. Like, blow my taste buds away, crazy delicious.
So I just HAD to experiment with ANOTHER cobbler of another variety. Peach season is in full swing here in Texas and my local Aldi is just busting at the seams with fresh ripe peaches for cheap (you know I LOVE that place!)
Anyway, I had some reservations about peaches. Remember my Peaches ‘n Cream Pie from last summer? It took a lot of courage for me to make that one, lol! But I was so glad when I did. Cooked fruit is relatively new to Pretty Pies, but I’m diggin it!
Soft, sizzling peaches covered in warm cakey crumbles topped with a scoop of homemade ice cream. YUM!
I may be a recovering picky eater with weird food aversions and such, but lately I am challenging myself to open up more. To new foods, new people and new experiences. I’m determined to make the most out of this little life I’ve been given and get out of my bubble of a world and go and explore.
Some of my friends have seriously inspired me to travel, to take chances, and to live with more abandon. That’s so not like me to live without abandon, haha. But life is too short to live stuck in the same place, doing the same things, EATING THE SAME FOODS, ha.
So in just a couple of days I’m going to NEW YORK CITY for the very first time and I am SO EXCITED!!! If you have any must-see places in the big apple, please send them my way. 🙂
Easy as 1 – 2 – 3
One of the things I majorly LOVE about this cobbler is how EASY it is. It takes very little prep time (and no soaking/chilling/WAITING oh-so-patiently like my FAV recipes, vegan cheesecakes. <– worth it though)
Got all the ingredients? You are GOOD TO GO. It’s a spur-of-the-moment and failure to plan people’s ideal recipe, haha.
- First, grease your dish, and throw in some sliced peaches. Note – we are NOT peeling the peaches, because to me, it’s not worth the extra hassle. I happen to love the peels. It adds just a little bit more bite, instead of having some goldfish swimming around under there. Noooo. Toss the peaches in cinnamon, sweetener and starch (to make it saucy).
That WARM CRUMBLY DELICIOUSNESS
2. Next, prepare the topping. You’ll need some flax “egg” to help it hold together, so it’s not just a pile of crumbs. (Flax egg is just ground flaxseed and water that gels together. I know it sounds weird lol.)
Then mix together the all the topping ingredients and spread them on top of the peaches. (We’re using almond flour to make this Gluten & Grain-FREE. Yasss, my body thanks me for that.)
Throw it in the oven and wait for your home to fill with the aroma of sizzling peaches! Mmmmm.
Family & Kid Approved
When my hubby and kids tasted this, they IMMEDIATELY said “Mmmmmm!!!” haha! I was not expecting that sort of enthusiastic response. (Typically they’re just so focused on stuffing their faces as quickly as possible there’s no time for talk, ha)
So I know this recipe’s a KEEPER when my gluten-dairy-sugar LOVING family actually LOVES this GF/DF/SF dessert 😉
But if you wanna use maple syrup in this one, you totally can. It’s flexible.
Low Carb vs Full Carb
ps I just wanna point out that a conventional peach cobbler has about ONE HUNDRED grams of carbs per serving, according to this recipe I found. Omg, WHAT?!!? That’s INSANE. You do NOT need that much sugar for a cobbler to taste amazing! PROMISE. My recipe has 8 net grams net carbs. EIGHT.
Make it Next Level
If you want to take this cobbler to the next LEVEL, over the top,, add a scoop of my homemade 4-ingredient dairy-free ice cream!
Oh. my. word. I even liked this cobbler served chilled the next day. It absorbed some of the peach juices and was perfectly sweet and tasted like peach shortcake!! Mm mm mmmm goooood.
Click the image below to save this recipe on Pinterest. Follow me on Pinterest for more deliciously healthy recipes, too!
Low-Carb Peach Cobbler (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 3 fresh ripe peaches, sliced - (peeled, if desired)
- 2 tsp tapioca starch - optional
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of pure stevia powder - see notes for sub
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 8x6 glass baking dish.
- Place sliced peaches in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with starch, cinnamon and stevia and stir to coat. Set aside.
To make the topping:
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water and set aside for a couple of minutes to thicken. Melt coconut oil in a glass measuring cup in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, stevia and salt.
- Pour flax mixture, coconut milk and melted oil over the flour mixture. Mix well with a fork or pastry blender.
- Dollop topping over peaches and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until lightly golden and bubbly underneath. Optional: broil on low for an additional 1-2 min to make more golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream 🙂