An ultra creamy frozen treat full of coffee flavor and bits of crunchy nuts! These Coffee Crunch Creamsicles are made with just 5 simple ingredients. No dairy, gluten, or refined sugar (Vegan & Paleo + low-carb/keto option) Jump to Recipe
EASY Coffee Creamsicles
3 things I need in this unbearably HOT summer: something COLD, something CAFFEINATED, and something EASY.
These creamsicles fulfil my every need, haha! Sooo simple - just stir together a few ingredients and freeze. No special equipment needed.
And they taste like coffee ice cream on a stick!! Your summer definitely NEEDS this creamy caffeinated frozen treat.
Summer Coffee Goodness
It has become a daily ritual. Every single afternoon, 3:30 pm, I've GOTTA have my iced coffee. I LOVE having a little afternoon treat.
But when I realized I was OUT of iced coffee, I had to improvise. And these turned into the perfect cold, creamy, coffee flavored pick-me-up for my day.
The flavor and texture reminds me of a frappuccino! But these have NO refined sugar (perfect for paleo & vegan diets) And you can also make them keto-friendly using monkfruit! woohoo!
INSTANT ESPRESSO TO THE RESCUE
I may have run out of my cold brew coffee, but I did not run out of my INSTANT ESPRESSO powder. My caffeine emergency savior. You can find it on Amazon, or at most grocery superstores in the coffee section.
Note- it's freeze dried espresso, *not* coffee grounds. There is a difference.
One little teaspoon of this stuff is pure magic. You can add it to SO many things for an *instant* coffee flavor (hence the name, ha). Add it to smoothies (hello keto frappuccinos!), anything chocolate - baked or raw, add it to coconut whipped cream to make it mocha, chocolate avocado mousse, and DEFinitely add it to cashew cream to make this cappuccino cream tart!!
How to Make Dairy-Free Popsicles
These coffee creamsicles are EASY and QUICK frozen treat you're gonna love. They only take minutes to prep!
All you do is:
- STIR together some coconut cream, instant espresso, sweetener and vanilla. 😉
- Then you've got this AMAZING espresso-spiked, creamy yummy mixture in your bowl. *Resist the temptation to just drink the entire mixture.*
- Pour into popsicle molds (I used smaller than typical size)
- Freeze until solid
THANKFULLY I always keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge for emergencies such as this. Make sure you do, too, friends! You need suuuuper cold cream that separates from the water.
How to add amazing texture
My favorite part of these creamsicles (besides the coffee flavor!)-- the CRUNCH.
It's like getting MIX-INs in an ice cream parlor.
Adding a little bit of chopped nuts elevates these babies from good to FRIGGIN DELICIOUS. Trust me. You NEED those little soft bits of crunch in there.
Note that I said soft crunch. Be sure to use a soft nut such as walnuts, cashews or pecans. Do not use whole almonds in there unless you want it *realllly* crunchy and you want to crack a tooth.
No Special Equipment Needed
Coffee Crunch Creamsicles (Vegan, Paleo + low-carb option)
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk for a minimum of 24 hours. Scoop out the solid white cream into a mixing bowl (reserving the leftover coconut water for a smoothie)
- Sprinkle on coconut sugar and espresso powder and vanilla. Let sit for a minute to begin to dissolve. Whisk well to incorporate. Continue stirring until sugar and espresso are completely dissolved and no flecks remain.
- Taste and adjust to preference.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and fill each halfway. Add a sprinkle of walnuts and press with a spoon. Add more cream mixture and walnuts on top.
- Place popsicle stick and cover. Freeze for about 2-3 hours or until solid.
- To remove, run popsicle molds under warm water for a minute to help release. ENJOY.
Update: Be sure to check out my NEW espresso flavored recipe, Dairy-Free Coffee Ice Cream!