Luscious creamy layers filled with rich espresso without ANY gluten, dairy or sugar! Learn the shortcut method to making indulgent (but healthy) tiramisu. No cooking involved! Jump to Recipe
I’ll never forget my first taste of tiramisu. And from the very first bite, I was in LOVE.
The fluffy, light layers of custard layered in between espresso-soaked ladyfingers.. the hints of brandy, cocoa and chocolate shavings. Utterly divine.
I’m so EXCITED I was able to recreate this classic dessert to be LOW-CARB *and* fit my dietary restrictions. It was shockingly EASY. (So much easier than conventional tiramisu!)
NOW, tiramisu without the gluten, dairy, sugar, eggs and baking! This version is paleo-friendly and vegan, too so you can enjoy if you have food allergies or a special diet like grain-free, guten-free or sugar-free!
Pantry Staple Ingredients
Have you made traditional tiramisu? It’s not exactly a piece of cake, ha. Some of the ingredients are rather obscure.
But you can emulate the textures and flavors (in a healthy way)– with ingredients you already have in your pantry:
- Almond Flour
- Cashew Butter
- Stevia Drops
- Cocoa Powder
- Dark Chocolate
- Instant Espresso
This recipe is MUCH easier, and much less time-consuming, since there’s no cooking involved. You won’t believe how simple it is. Use these shortcuts:
Say hello to no-cook “custard”! Instead of cooking cheese and eggs into a smooth custard, you simply mix cashew butter with cashew milk! It’s incredibly creamy and light.
This dairy-free, egg-free “custard” is sweetened with a little vanilla stevia. And gets its mascarpone-esque flavor from a splash of lemon juice. Remarkably similar!
To make the espresso-soaked ladyfinger layers, use Instant Espresso Powder.
If you have an espresso maker at home, by all means use that. But this makes a quick and flavorful alternative. (It’s actually freeze-dried espresso. How cool!)
Almond flour + cashew butter takes the place of conventional ladyfinger cookies. Same soft cookie texture, but without the gluten and sugar! Score.
Get Ready to Share
I was secretly hoping they would hate this tiramisu so I could have it allllll to myself, haha. But my husband and kids (who don’t even LIKE coffee) absolutely loved this recipe.
So watch out. Whoever’s around when you’re eating this tiramisu is gonna want some. And you’re gonna have to share.
This recipe makes a small batch.. about 3-4 small servings. So you may want to go ahead and DOUBLE IT.
How to Make Healthy Tiramisu in less than 10 Minutes (Low-Carb, Vegan & Paleo)
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder - sifted
- 1 Tbs dark chocolate shavings
To make the "ladyfingers"
- Combine almond flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together remaining "wet" ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour wet over dry and mix well.
- Loosely press half of the mixture into a 2-cup glass bowl. (try not to compact it too hard)
- Set aside while you prepare the "custard"
To make the 'custard":
- Mix together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread half the custard evenly over the first layer.
- Press the other half of "ladyfingers" into a disc identical to the first layer. Lay it on top of the "custard."
- Spread the remaining "custard" on top.
- Sift on cocoa and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30-45 minutes to set.