You’ll love the peanut butter chocolate flavor in these 4 ingredient crunch bars with thick (secretly healthy) “Reese’s” frosting! Real food with ZERO added sugar. (Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free!)
Omg you guys… these bars! Crispy, crunchy peanut butter chocolate bars! With peanut butter chocolate FROSTING.
Not your typical frosting.. it’s *Healthy* Reese’s flavored frosting!! It sounds too good to be true! But it’s made from PLANTS and has ZERO sugar. There’s so much to love! I’m pretty much obsessed with these.
Do I have a peanut butter addiction?
Hmm.. maybe. I’m not denying my affection. My love affair has been life-long! But it’s not time for an intervention.
Because it seems like you guys LOVE peanut butter, too! The peanut butter recipes on Pretty Pies have been some of the MOST popular of ALL.
You guys are going CRAZY for my Peanut Butter Bark! Every single day, THOUSANDS of people come to see that recipe. And so many of you have told me how much you love it. (Yay! I love it TOO!)
I’m SO glad you share my addiction, cuz I don’t plan on stopping the PB deliciousness any time soon!
Have you ever gotten the intense craving for something with CRUNCH?? Sometimes it hits me hard and I MUST satisfy the crunch call. Celery sticks weren’t gonna cut it this time.
What’s a girl to do? Crisp rice cereal to the rescue! For a healthier option, use Whole Foods 365 brand Organic Brown Rice Crisps, which only has 3 ingredients (all of which you can pronounce)! And no MALT flavoring like conventional Rice Krispies cereal. (Did you know malt contains GLUTEN? So 365 brand is gluten-free! Yayy!)
You’ll be SO thrilled (and maybe shocked!) to hear these crisps only have 1 gram of sugar per cup! So that means there is only 1.5 grams for the whole batch. That’s almost nothing.. A quarter teaspoon maybe?
Frosting with BENEFITS
Healthy frosting is the BEST kind of frosting! It sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it. But it’s NOT. It’s real and I can’t wait for you to try it.
You’d never guess this rich chocolatey frosting is made with avocado!! One avocado provides 7 grams(!!) of fiber, a great dose of healthy fats, 2 grams of protein, 26% RDA vitamin K, folate and calcium plus LOTS more.
Ultra creamy and smooth, it’s blended with peanut butter and a splash of coconut milk for a decadent, but healthy alternative that totally tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
But so much better for you. It’s perfectly sweet *without* any SUGAR! Yes, it’s totally possible with a little stevia!
These bars are quick and easy to make and make the perfect guilt-free treat. So satisfying! I could eat them EVERY DAY. Seriously one of my FAVORITE things I’ve ever made.
So if you’re a pb chocolate addict like me, go get your FIX. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Click below to save this recipe on Pinterest
'Reese's' Crunch Bars with Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting (Vegan, GF, & No Sugar Added)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- 1 3.1 oz bar of dark chocolate dairy-free and/or sugar-free
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/ 2 cups organic brown rice crisps cereal
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
Healthy Reese's Frosting
- 2 ripe avocados
- heaping 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3-4 Tbs raw cacao
- 1 Tbs coconut milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- Pinch of pure stevia powder and/or 25 stevia drops, to taste
- Pinch of pink salt
To make the crunch bars:
- Gently melt chocolate over a double boiler or glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.
- Stir in pb, coconut oil to melt. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Fold in cereal and coat in chocolate mixture.
- Spread into an 8"x6" pan lined with parchment paper (with paper overhanging the sides for easy removal)
- Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes while you prepare the frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Blend 2 avocados in a food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness and chocolate flavor.
- Spread over crunch bars that have finished setting. Chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Slice into 2" squares & Enjoy!