Decadent chocolate mousse- with a caffeinated kick! A sugar-free, dairy-free, espresso-filled cream that takes just minutes to make. Always & Forever
Two things I will never, ever (EVER) give up? Chocolate and COFFEE. Who’s with me?
Combining my two loves TOGETHER… it’s like a dream. Floating on a caffeinated, heavenly, chocolate cloud, haha.
Out of my two loves this Mocha Mousse was born. And, as always, I had to make it with a healthy twist! (Including No SUGAR!)
What You Want
I did a poll the other day over on Instagram asking you guys if you wanted more LOW CARB recipes, and I was a little shocked at the results…
100% said “YES!” So I’m giving the people what they want, haha. A brand new, deliciously chocolatey, low carb recipe! YAY!
I’m so glad you’re loving the no-sugar recipes as much as I am. Ever since the battle with my gut health the past 2 years, I just can’t stomach refined sugar (literally). And I still use regular sweeteners (maple syrup) sparingly.
Your Healthy Chocolate Fix
Treat yo self to a decadent mousse made from whole food ingredients for healthy chocolate fix.
Instead of dairy milk, processed cocoa, and refined sugar, I used coconut milk, cacao, and stevia! So it’s completely vegan, Paleo and keto-approved.
With ZERO sugar or artificial ingredients, you can enjoy this creamy mocha dessert guilt-free.
And not only guilt-free, but with pride! Yep, it’s GOOD for you. Really 😉
With 80 TIMES the antioxidants of blueberries (wow!) and more calcium than milk, plus lots of magnesium and IRON, it’s no wonder they call it a superfood.
“TWO MINUTES, MacGruber!”
This mousse is so simple to make. It literally takes a minute or two to whip together.
You don’t even need any special fancy equipment. Just a hand mixer. (But a good old fashioned whisk would probably work, too!)
I LOVE a good quick and easy treat! Especially one that can be eaten RIGHT AWAY. No “setting time” involved. Hallelujah!
And you *don’t* need an espresso maker (or ANY coffee maker for that matter) It’s INSTANT espresso powder— delicious coffee flavor without the effort.
Please TAKE NOTE
There are a few important things to remember for this recipe to work.
- First– you MUST use Thai Kitchen brand coconut milk.
- Most other brands simply do not work. I haven’t found another one that I would rely on. But Thai Kitchen works every time for me.
- Always get full fat, not “lite” (which is too watery)
- I buy my coconut milk on Amazon, by the case, which is cheaper than single cans. And I use Subscribe and Save for an extra 15% off. Woohoo! 😀
- Second — you MUST refrigerate your can for a good 6-8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- This allows the cream to rise to the top, separating it from the coconut water. (Save the water for a smoothie! It’s delicious and full of electrolytes!)
- I keep at least 2 cans in my fridge at ALL TIMES, so I always have some on hand.
Who’s ready for some low-carb mocha mousse magic?
Click here to pin it on Pinterest:
Low-Carb Mocha Mousse (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
- (Use a can of Thai Kitchen brand coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight) Scoop out the solid cream into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle instant espresso powder over cream to dissolve.
- Sift cacao powder (important to remove the lumps) and add to bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Use a hand mixer to whip until all is incorporated. Taste and adjust if needed. (I like mine really dark & intense, so I used the full 5 Tbs cacao and 3 tsp espresso 🙂
- Optional: transfer to a plastic baggie with an icing tip to pipe into small glasses, if you're feeling fancy. You can also garnish with chocolate shavings or chopped almonds, if you like. ENJOY!