Melt in your mouth mint flavored cream in a raw chocolate shell. Delicious! AND nutrient packed!
These truffles are like MAGIC. They start out as fluffy soft cream, but FREEZE them and they transform into ICE CREAM. Seriously, you guys. SO good! I can’t decide which way I like them best.
And BOTH ways have a delicious chocolate SHELL. Not too hard, just the right amount of “bite.” Which way would you choose? Soft cream or ice cream? You’ve gotta try BOTH.
These little green pods crack me up. The vibrant green color looks so strange, right?! When I teased this pic on Facebook, you guys guessed it was avocado! Not guac, though, haha! Did you know it would be cream truffles?
AVOCADO… One of my favorite foods EVER. I have used this amazing creamy fruit to make Key Lime Pie, Mojito Pie, Chocolate Pie (also Peanut Butter Chocolate and Mint Chocolate!) and now, these yummy little mint bites! They melt in your mouth… ahh, so addicting.
Have you ever tried an avocado dessert?? If not, YOU MUST.
Mint Chocolate Cream Truffles
Mint Cream Filling:
To make the cream:
- Add avocados to a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Taste and adjust.
- Add a little extra coconut flour if your cream is too runny. It should be scoopable and hold its shape.
- Drop balls of cream onto a parchment lined plate using a 1 Tbsp ice cream scoop.
- Freeze for 30-45 minutes until firm.
To make the chocolate shell:
- Melt coconut oil in a small glass bowl (about 30 seconds in the microwave)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop cream balls into chocolate and turn to coat.
- Use a fork to lift them out of the chocolate back onto the parchment lined plate.
- Freeze again for 30-60 minutes until chocolate shell has hardened.
- Enjoy as cream or freeze 1-2 hours longer to enjoy as ice cream!