Super silky mint chocolate fudge that's loaded with healthy ingredients. And ZERO sugar or dairy! Sounds too good to be true. But it's REAL.
Jump to Recipe
World's healthiest FUDGE?
If you're anything like me, you have a sweet tooth, but you still want to eat healthy.. Maybe you have a restricted diet like gluten-free/keto/vegan/Paleo/dairy-free/sugar-free, the list goes on...
So what's a girl to do?!
Swap the less desirable ingredients for natural, REAL-food -- what I call PRETTY food 🙂 You'd never guess this fudge is actually *good* for you!
I'm so HAPPY
Recipes like this make me so incredibly happy. Healthy and delicious! That's the best of both worlds, right?! So along with sharing the deliciousness, I want to share 5 other random things that make me happy.
- Waking up before anyone else to enjoy *piping HOT* coffee in utter and complete silence, curled up in my favorite chair to read, pray and decompress. #introvert
- Watching old TV shows... the feel-good/funny sitcoms like I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and Saved by the Bell! (I heart you Zack Morris <3 ) No crazy drama, please!
- Hiding veggies in my kids' dinner, (and dessert) and they have no IDEA, but they ate it and liked it. Bwahaha. #momlife
- Lunch with friends and laughing til my face hurts. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
- Hearing from You guys! Seriously that makes my day when someone leaves a comment on the blog or Facebook. THANK YOU for putting a smile on my face. 🙂
What makes YOU happy?? I wanna know! Leave a comment below.
Is it eating insanely delicious (but secretly healthy) desserts?! Me, too!
How is this healthy?!
- No Sugar & Super LOW CARB (*1* g net carb per piece!), so you can eat it and still fit into your jeans 😉 #winning
- Good Fats - so satiating! Keeps you full, not to mention radiant skin, shiny hair, etc!
- High Fiber - good for your gut - happy bellies 🙂
- Nutrient Rich - with superfood ingredients like magnesium-packed cacao that nourish your body
- Dairy Free & Gluten Free - none of the inflammatory ingredients that wreck your digestion. YAY
Does it get any better?! YES.. it tastes sinfully good, but it's totally GUILT-FREE. Yasssss
Tastes like SILK
What's the secret SILKY ingredient?! It's avocado!! Who says avocados are only good for guac? 😉
Not only do they make such a fun green color, but they taste like silk! Seriously so creamy, smooth and decadent. Once you sink your teeth into this fudge, you'll be amazed at the texture.
>>ps: if you love avos like I do, check out my collection of avocado desserts! (And YES they can all be made low carb. I can give you the modifications. Just ask :D)
How do you make this healthy fudge?
One word: BLEND.
Literally throw the ingredients in a food processor or good blender and blend smooth. Repeat for the chocolate layer. Chill. THAT'S IT.
Making fudge does not have to be complicated or require waiting overnight for the mixture to set just right. Mine was ready in less than an hour.
>>for more seriously delicious low-carb fudge (that's also quick & easy), check out my Healthy Reese's Freezer Fudge
This recipe (like the majority of my recipes!) is flexible! You get to decide the flavor/sweetness/chocolatey-ness. Customize it to YOUR liking. 🙂
Like it really minty? Do what I did and use lots of extract. Like dark chocolate? I used cacao instead of cocoa and added a bit more. Want it to be more firm? Add more nut butter!
But promise me you'll do the most important step: TASTE IT as you go! Avocados naturally vary slightly in size, and different brands of stevia and extracts can have different strengths. So grab a spoon and dig in there. You've got my full permission 😉
Now tell me something that makes you happy 🙂
Healthy Mint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan, Paleo)
Mint Cream Layer:
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ½ cup coconut oil - at room temp
- 1-2 Tbs cashew butter - or almond butter
- 35-45 drops Sweet Leaf vanilla stevia - to taste (or 2-3 Tbs powdered coconut sugar)
- 1-2 teaspoon mint extract - to taste
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of pink salt
Additional ingredients for the chocolate layer:
- 1 ½-2 Tbs cacao - to taste
- 1 Tbs cashew butter - or almond butter
To make the mint layer:
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or powerful blender until smooth. (Add the extra Tbs nut butter if you want it more firm.)
- Scrape down the sides and taste and adjust for sweetness and mint flavor. Blend again.
- Spread ⅔ of the mint cream into a 5x5" or 6x4" dish lined with parchment paper (save the remaining ⅓ for the top layer)
- Freeze about 30 minutes until set.
To make the chocolate layer:
- Add cacao and cashew butter to the leftover mint cream in the food processor and blend smooth. Taste and adjust, adding more cacao, salt or a few more drops of stevia if desired.
- Spread chocolate over the mint layer and freeze or refrigerate again until set.
- Slice into 1" squares. Enjoy right away as a silky fudge bite or freeze for a mini ice cream bar treat!
Loved reading your 5 random things that make you happy.
And this fudge looks really good!
Aww thanks Ashley ☺️ so happy to hear from you.
About your 5 random things... me too! Thanks for the info and for sharing! I'm still experimenting with these kind of desserts, so I really appreciate it. =-D Christine
Thanks Christine! hope you enjoy the desserts!
So much evidence out now on how bad coconut oil actually is for your body. At a 1/2 cup this is horrible for you.
I respectfully disagree. There are numerous studies showing it's benefits. Articles about it being unhealthy have even been funded by the canola industry. The American Heart Association's claims that it's unhealthy / causes heart disease was based on 50 year old "research" that is outdated, & now debunked . It's simply untrue.
Danielle Van Alstine
Would this recipe work with frozen avacado??
If you thaw it first, I would think so! let me know if you try it
Will do. I've made it twice now with fresh avocadoes. Love them! I used maple syrup for my sweetener and 4 drops of peppermint essential oil.
Awesome!! So glad you love them! 🙂
My mint layer is currently in the freezer setting, but I can't wait to eat it! Before I put it in it tasted very good but my colour was dark, did you use white vanilla? Cause mine is brown!
Hmm, I used regular vanilla. Maybe yours was just darker vanilla than mine? Should still taste the same though 🙂 Hope you enjoy! Let me know how it turns out
This is legit beyond delicious tabbing you so much for creating it xoxooxo
I followed the recipe to a T. This was an epic failure. I don't see how this could taste good at all. To have to use such expensive ingredients i am very disappointed that i will have to trash these. Tastes like toothpaste and mush.
Wow, clearly something went wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I (and many others) thought it tasted really good. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I don't know what you used, but too much mint extract makes things taste like toothpaste. Also how was it mush if it's solid fudge? Doesn't make sense. You refrigerated it, right? Hmm. A bad texture could possibly be from certain types of avocados that are watery. I use Avocados from Mexico brand that are super rich and silky and creamy. I can't stand the watery kind.
Anywho, now I make this coconut butter fudge and I love it much more than avocado fudge. 😉
Oops I meant THANK YOU SO MUCH ahaha silly iPhone
Haha you are so welcome! Glad you liked it!
This is the first of yours that I have read, and will make this recipe as soon as I can! Now getting emails about everytime you post
Hope you enjoy 🙂 Let me know what you think
Could you substitute anything in place of the avocado? Sadly I am allergic!
Almond butter might do the trick. I would start with 1/3 to 1/2 cup.
What would be a good substitute for the coconut oil? Myself and family are allergic but this looks amazing otherwise.
You could try palm oil/shortening (or butter if you're ok with dairy). It has to be an oil that's solid when chilled, otherwise it stays a liquid.
If you try it, let me know how it goes! 🙂
I m happy you care about dairy. I love the chocolate fudge recipe. I will try it for sure. All the best.
Thanks so much, Marli Hope you enjoy!
Lovely. I will try it. Thanks .
Thank you so much for all of your delicious looking and sounding recipes - I can't wait to try them out 🙂 Is there a reason you say not to use Peppermint in some of your recipes - like this one? I notice that the Pure Mint Extract that you use has peppermint and spearmint in it?
They have different flavors. Peppermint will taste candy cane like. Pure mint will taste like mint chip ice cream flavor or thin mints
You are a creative genius and your sunshine spirit is reflected in your posts.. Your recipes have a charm that its easy to put together yet incredibly delicious healthy and above all vegan , yay! Just a word about the naysayers, for every 1 naysayers there are many more of us cheering you on and eagerly looking for your next masterpiece. So nice to hear about the 5 list, what a gentle yet powerful way to start the day with daily 'bread' and the coffee. Of the many things, one thing that makes me happy is when I eat Avacado toast with chicory coffee and when my list of Anthropologie/Free people clothes are available for a great deal, second hand of course Keep the recipes coming please! Blessings.
Wow thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words and your support! I’m not gonna let the the haters get me down. Hearing from fans makes it all worth it! Thanks again!