Are ALL the top recipes on Pretty Pies now the ones with PEANUT BUTTER? haha, not yet. But almost!
I’m so delighted you guys share my affinity for all things PB cuz we are in the SAME zone.
Same love. Same obsession. We’re PB soul mates.
Now that we’re bffs, you should know the truth: I’ve been feeling down lately. And I needed a pick me up. To me, this pie is total comfort food.
Are peanut butter pies a southern thing? I feel like they are because the first memory I have of peanut butter pie is with my grandparents in a tiny country town in Kentucky. They took me to dinner at Cracker Barrel where we loaded up on Southern homestyle cookin’ with the whole family. Such cozy memories.
I don’t think I’ll ever forget that mile high slice of pb pie we ate for dessert <3
Yummy food always makes me feel better. Especially when I know it’s healthy food I won’t regret later 🙂
So you know I had to give the classic recipe a healthy makeover! Real Peanut Butter PIE. NO gluten, dairy, artificial junk or SUGAR. 100% wholesome ingredients you can feel good about.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a DELECTABLE pie crust:
Don’t think I”m nuts, but all you need is NUTS! Any kind of nuts. Trust me here. It’s a magical transformation.
Grind up some nuts in a food processor (I used dry roasted almonds and walnuts).
Throw in a little sweetener and coconut oil, pulse pulse, and you have a delicious crumb crust! MAGIC.
No need to bake it, friends! Just PRESS it as firmly as you possibly can with every ounce of strength in your body so that it holds together. A little elbow grease is the secret ingredient to any good pie crust 😉
Now here’s the full disclosure: the photos you’ve been looking at above have a *different* crust than the one in the recipe below.
Because I changed my mind, that’s why 😉
I’m a bit of a perfectionist and I decided it would be best to have more crunch to contrast with the light and fluffy cream.
However, if you would like to make the classic *baked* crust pictured, which is made with almond flour, use the crust from my Cheat Free Chocolate Pie recipe.
See the photo above? THAT is the pie with the crumb crust made out of ground nuts.
Full disclosure 2: This crust is slightly crumbly and a little tricky to get out of the pan. But I actually LOVE the texture and don’t mind that it breaks apart some.
And do you spy the extra something I decided last-minute to add in for some extra WOW factor?
It’s a layer of dark chocolate!
Omgggg. To me, it’s WORTH the little bit of added carbs/calories/etc.
Almost reminds me of a BUTTERFINGER. Obsessed.
I just took a little piece of a chocolate bar and melted it in the microwave for 30 seconds (stirred) then 20 sec more. Voila. Spread it over the crust. Chill to set. GET READY FOR THE MOST HEAVENLY PEANUT BUTTER PIE EVERRRRR.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
All this time talking about the crust, and I haven’t gotten to the best part: THE PEANUT BUTTER CREAM.
Let me tell you. I could just have a bowl of that pb cream and a spoon and eat some every DAY for the REST OF MY LIFE and be as HAPPY as one could possibly be 😀 lol. Seriously, I love it SO MUCH.
It’s completely dairy-free, and so rich and deliciously creamy. The secret? Canned coconut cream! (I used Thrive Market brand) Don’t worry – this pie *doesn’t* taste coconutty. Coconut cream is the absolute BEST alternative to heavy whipping cream. Same glorious consistency. DIVINE.
How do you make the pb cream??
EASY. Whip together some coconut cream, peanut butter (make sure it’s sugar-free pb!) powdered monkfruit and a little salt and vanilla and slather it alll over that crust.
It shouldn’t be this easy to make pie this good, LOL
No one else in my family is sugar-free or dairy-free but they ALL went NUTS for this pie. Even my son’s friend was like, “You MADE this?!” (as he shoved it into his mouth, haha.)
I would 100% serve this at a party, for a holiday, bring to a potluck. For SURE. Nobody would EVER guess that it’s sugar-free and made with healthy ingredients.
Click the pic below to PIN IT
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie (Keto, Dairy-Free)
Peanut Butter Cream Filling
- 1-2 oz dark chocolate - sugar free for keto
- Coconut whipped cream - see below for recipe
- Chopped peanuts
To make the crust:
- Grind nuts coarsely in a food processor by pulsing for about 5-10 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse just until a fine crumb mixture forms and the crumbs stick together. (Add a splash of water if it needs help blending.)
- Press crust *very* firmly into a pie plate so it's compact and holds together.
- Optional: spread on a thin layer of melted dark chocolate. Freeze crust while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- Use cans of coconut milk or coconut cream that have been refrigerated a minimum of 24 hours. Carefully scoop out only the solid cream into a glass measuring cup and fill with 1 1/2 cups of cream.
- Add cream and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and whip with a hand mixer until combined. Taste and adjust with more sweetener or salt if needed.
- Spread cream over the crust and chill the pie for a minimum of 2 hours to set.
- Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream (recipe below), chocolate shavings and chopped peanuts.
Disclosure: As an affiliate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through referral links in this post (at no additional cost to you).
Food processor I use and LOVE from Amazon
Almonds, walnuts and organic peanut butter from ALDI
To make coconut whipped cream:
- Use a can of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream that has been refrigerated overnight. Scoop out the solid cream into a mixing bowl.
- Sweeten with 2 tsp powdered monkfruit or a few drops of liquid monkfruit extract, plus 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whip with a hand mixer for 30 seconds until light and fluffy.
- Wanna make your whip extra pretty? Transfer it to a ziplock baggie with a piping tip inside (the big ones with big sharp teeth). You so fancy! 😀
Macros (excluding sugar alcohol and optional garnishes) calories 349 Fat 33 g Carbohydrate 6.7 g Fiber 4.2 g Net Carb 2.5 g Protein 7 g