Keto Nutella Pie! Rich chocolate + roasted hazelnuts + fluffy cream = a silky, heavenly 'Nutella' flavored pie! No gluten, dairy, eggs or added sugar! Low-Carb, Paleo and Vegan friendly. Jump to Recipe
I'm SO EXCITED. And I just can't hide it! (Corny, I know. I'm having a Jessie Spano moment --the excited singing moment, not the complete meltdown one, lol)
WHY? Because this PIE is adaptable for so many diets! Vegan, Yep. Paleo? You bet! And KETO/sugar-free/low-carb? Absolutely!
With no grains, no eggs, no dairy, and your CHOICE of sweetener, everyone gets to enjoy some rich 'NUTELLA' PIE! Pretty Pie for ALL! 😀
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through referral links in this post (at no additional cost to you).
Homemade Vegan/Paleo/Keto Nutella
Did you know you can make your OWN 'Nutella'.. at home, using simple ingredients (and NO buckets of sugar like conventional Nutella). It's so much better for you.
And YOU control the ingredients. You know exactly what you're putting in your body. Nourishing, wholesome, real food plant-based ingredients you can feel good about.
- No Sugar
- No Dairy
- No Artificial sweeteners
- Clean-eating ingredients
The Easy Way to Make Nutella
Making homemade 'Nutella' sounds complicated. It's not! Don't be intimidated. It's actually quite simple:
- Just throw some roasted hazelnuts in your food processor and blend smooth.
- Then add in some melted dark chocolate and sweetener (I like this pure stevia powder -- no weird aftertaste!)
- Salt, vanilla and coconut cream take it over the top. #obsessed.
ps. If you're a fan of Nutella, be sure to check out my Keto Nutella Bark! Who *doesn't* love hazelnut and chocolate together?? It's so good.
It doesn't take much to sweeten this pie. I used just a pinch of this highly concentrated stevia. (Plus the chocolate adds some sweetness, too)
You only need about the equivalent of 1 Tbs pure maple syrup or
- 2 Tbs sugar/ sugar equivalent such as powdered monkfruit
- 25 drops liquid monkfruit drops
- 35 drops liquid stevia drops
- replace the 1 Tbs water with 1 Tbs vanilla monkfruit syrup
Don't forget to use code PRETTYPIES at Lakanto.com to save 20% on every order!
Whip and Swirl
Homemade 'nutella' + whipped cream + more 'nutella' swirled on top = one LUSCIOUS dessert!!
For this pie, I whipped the cream separately first, then folded in the 'nutella'. This makes it even lighter (see those delicious tiny air pockets?) Sort of like a rich chocolate mousse! Decadent!!
And then added MORE whipped cream on top. I absolutely love the added fluffy creamy texture with the rich pie AND the crunch hazelnuts on top. (I love me some texture!)
Who's ready for some heavenly silky 'NUTELLA' flavored pie?! *hand raised* Me!! 🙂 If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram @emily.likes.food #prettypies 🙂 I love seeing your pies!
Nutella Pie (Vegan, Paleo, Keto)
- 1 ½ cups roasted hazelnuts - (plus ¼ cup for garnish)
- 1 13.6 oz can coconut milk - solid cream only
- 1 3 oz bar of dark chocolate - sugar-free for keto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of pure stevia powder - + 1 Tbs water OR 1 Tbs maple syrup, to taste
- pinch of pink salt
- Whipped coconut cream - for garnish
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 7" springform pan with parchment.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, salt and stevia, if using).
- In a small bowl bowl, stir together flax and water, and set aside to thicken. Pour flax mixture and melted coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press dough firmly into pan. Prick crust all over with a fork.
- Bake for aprox. 15 min until firm and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
To make the filling:
- Place roasted hazelnuts in food processor and blend until liquefied (see notes)
- Scrape down sides and add melted chocolate and salt. Blend smooth.
- Scoop out solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Add vanilla, 1 Tbs coconut water (leftover from the can) plus a pinch of stevia (or 1 Tbs maple syrup)
- Whip cream with a hand mixer for 30-60 seconds until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in chocolate hazelnut mixture (reserving a few Tbs to swirl on top, if you like) Taste and add a little more sweetener if needed.
- Pour filling over crust. Scoop on remaining nutella & swirl.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours until set. Garnish with whipped coconut cream (see notes) and chopped hazelnuts.
- Use a can of Thai Kitchen coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight. Do not shake can.
- Carefully open and scoop out ONLY the solid white cream, careful not to get any water in the bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and sweetener of choice (7 drops Stevia, dash of stevia powder, 2-3 teaspoon maple syrup, or 1 Tbs powdered coconut sugar)
- Whip with a hand mixer for about 1 minute until light and fluffy. Enjoy!