What’s better than a GIANT pb cookie?? Peanut Butter Cookie Pie with chocolate chunks and No gluten, dairy, eggs or sugar! Low-Carb & Vegan!
It’s my BIRTHDAY!! And when you’re a dessert creator, you get to make your OWN birthday cake (er, pie!) haha. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I LOVE making healthy desserts.
So when I asked myself what kind of birthday cake I wanted, I followed my cravings and reeeeally needed some peanut butter cookies.
Pb cookies with melty chocolate chunks. Not just regular cookies. One GIANT pb cookie PIE.
Have you ever tried a cookie pie? I bet you’ve never had one like THIS before.
The down LOW
Oh I LOVE YOU, cookie pie! Chewy, THICK, gooey, melty, sweet and salty. Utterly delicious.
And secretly healthy!
Shhhh, you don’t have to tell anyone that this giant cookie is totally LOW-CARB and guilt-free! That’s right. Zero sugar. I still can’t believe it!
NOT LIKE THE OTHERS
“Don’t be like the rest of them, my dear!” 😉 You won’t need any of the conventional ingredients used in cookies, like flour, sugar, butter and eggs.
Just like my other cookie recipes, these are completely flourless (gluten and grain-free.) Made with nuts! Peanuts in this case.
Ok, technically a legume, but we’ll call them nuts because I despise the word legume, lol.
THROW IT IN
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you make it ALL in a food processor! Throw everything in and it’s done blending in a matter of SECONDS.
Super easy. Super quick. No special cooking skills needed. I feel like I have my own personal food robot, haha! I press a button and it’s done.
If you haven’t gotten a food processor yet, now’s the time!! I use mine literally every single day. I have this Cuisinart model and it has held up to my extensive use.
This birthday feels “big” to me. Thirty FIVE. This is the age that always seemed so OLD when I was little, hahahaha. But I still feel like I’m 22.. Just like TSwift, 😉
Saying goodbye to my early 30’s.. officially closer to the big 4-0. (Woah) I will not get depressed. I will celebrate all the years I’ve experienced already and the (hopefully) many more to come.
But eating this delicious cookie pie definitely helps lessen the sting. 🙂
This pie is perfect for celebrations… especially birthdays! Who needs cake when you can have a Pretty Pie? 😉
Peanut Butter Cookie Pie (Low-Carb, Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts unsalted
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbs neutral tasting oil avocado or refined coconut
- 2 Tbs ground flaxseed + 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- Rounded 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks sugar-free if desired
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 7" springform pan or cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax and water and set aside to thicken.
- Add peanuts to a food processor and grind into a coarse meal.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend into a loose dough.
- Stir in 2-3 Tbs chocolate chunks.
- Press dough firmly into pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate on top.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until set in the center.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing springform. Slice and enjoy!