When it’s simply too HOT for a PSL, make it into a frappé! A frozen blended version of your favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte, without any dairy, sugar or JUNK. (Keto/Low-carb, Vegan & Paleo!)
Homemade > Starbucks
I used to love getting frappuccinos at Starbucks. Years ago when I ate sugar. Now I can’t do it anymore. Too much sugar. My body feels like complete garbage when I eat sugar.
I can’t bring myself to order a frapp at Starbucks. Especially when I can recreate them AT HOME, using REAL food, and for PENNIES compared to the $$$ at a fancy coffee shop.
I had a friend who was a barista at Starbucks and told me they wouldn’t drink the frapps there anymore after seeing what’s in them.
Do I even want to know? Ok I’m really curious… so I looked it up here, and this just reinforces why I stay away from sugary coffee drinks at those shops.
Are you ready for this?? SEVENTY TWO carbs in ONE serving!!! =O I am in utter shock right now, lol.
*MY* RECIPE HAS FOUR CARBS. 4!! (Cue praise hands.)
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, however I received complimentary products to review, but all opinions are my own. In addition, this post contains affiliate links where I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase. This covers the maintenance costs associated with running this website. Thank you for your support!
REAL FOOD FRAPPUCCINOS.
You won’t find any corn syrup, maltodextrin, artificial coloring, gobs of sugar and dairy or a million other additives, preservatives, thickeners, or processed junk in my version. Just real, healthy, wholesome ingredients.
- Cashew milk for dairy-free deliciousness. Feel free to sub almond milk or whatever you like. Skip regular milk or sweetened milks if you’re low-carb.
- Pumpkin pureé for creamy pumpkin goodness. I buy canned pumpkin from Aldi. It’s like 79 cents. I love that store. Note: do NOT buy pumpkin PIE filling, which has tons of added sugar. Just pure pumpkin.
- Almond butter for richness. Any nut/seed butter will work, but I recommend a neutral flavored one like almond. 1/4 of an Avocado will also work! 🙂
- Instant espresso powder for a quick and easy customizable coffee flavor. You can find it in the coffee asiles of most grocery stores or on Amazon
And MORE Real Stuff
- Pumpkin Spice for the warm flavors you crave.
- You can easily make your own spice mix using cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and/or cloves (see my notes at the bottom of the post for the recipe)
- Monk Fruit for sugar-free sweetness. Yes, it is an actual fruit, but the extract is zero carb! 🙂 You can find monk fruit extract online (click here use code PRETTYPIES for 20% off) It is my new *obsession*** I can’t believe how good it tastes.. like real sugar! I definitely prefer it to stevia. And I love that this is a pure extract with no other ingredients except vanilla 🙂
- If you’re not low-carb, you can use 1-2 dates or a couple teaspoons of maple syrup, to taste.
- Ice for thickness and that amazing frozen texture.
- Side note, you can also use coffee ice cubes (yep, just freeze some coffee in an ice cube tray) But personally I prefer the stronger flavor of the espresso powder. Plus it’s super easy to add more that way.
Smaller is Better
If you’re making a single serving frapp, and you *don’t* have one of those fancy-schmancy Vitamix blenders or the like, I highly recommend using a personal size blender cup. (I use this Ninja Pro blender) Otherwise, it’s not going to break down the ice into micro-size. It may not even blend the ice at all (at least not without having to add a ton of extra milk,)
But that being said, if your blender is struggling to blend the ice, simply add more milk. Just a splash usually does the trick.
I like my frapps really THICK, with those tiny bits of texture. Not like a thin, cold, boring milk, ha. But if you want yours thinner or smoother, by all means, use less ice or add more liquid.
HAVE IT YOUR WAY
This drink is So easy to make your own, how YOU like it. You are now your own barista 🙂
Want it sweeter? Add a few more drops of monk fruit. Want bold coffee flavor, use a whole tablespoon of espresso powder. Don’t even LIKE coffee? Leave it out entirely.
Add extra milk if you like it thinner, extra spice if you like it spicier, extra almond butter if you like it creamier. Don’t have almond butter? Use avocado!
Want to give it a secret nutrition boost? Throw in a handful of SPINACH (you can’t taste it!) Just be advised that the color will *not* be pretty, lol! But at least your insides will be! lol
I Said I Like It Like That
I like mine with a lot of almond butter, a LOT of espresso, a lot of ice, not much milk or spice, but a lot of pumpkin puree. OH, and a BIG DOLLOP of coconut WHIP…. sigh. It’s so dreamy. <3 Then a sprinkle of cinnamon to finish it off.
So comforting, creamy rich and satisfying. Mmmmm… pumpkin AND coffee goodness! What’s not to love?
Click the image below to save this on Pinterest: