Five ingredients. No sugar, flour, dairy or eggs. A yummy and super easy treat full of pumpkin flavor– without the carbs! Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls
Wow, now I get what the big deal is about Pumpkin SPICE. Ever since I made my first Pumpkin Pie last week. I guess I’m officially a pumpkin spice LOVER. These pumpkin spice cake balls are insanely delicious. The taste is sinfully good. But they’re good for you. It’s true!
The Oxy Moron
It sounds too good to be true. Healthy cake? Really?? Is it possible? Yes!
HOW? These 5 simple, wholesome ingredients blended together are absolutely decadent like a cake ball, but totally wholesome!
No sugar, gluten/grains, dairy, or artificial ingredients.
And better yet: NO baking, no cooking. So EASY. Just mix and chill. (The best kind of recipe.)
Where’s the cake?
You’ll notice in the recipe, there’s no actual “cake” in these “cake balls” haha.
But the taste, texture and flavor are similar to their flour, sugar, butter and FROSTING-laden counterparts. (But better, imo, because they’re not a sugar bomb that makes my stomach ache, ha)
You’d never guess that coconut butter + pumpkin turns into the cake balls, but it does. And it’s perfection. To save time, you can use store-bought coconut butter (but making it yourself is so cheap it’s insane!)
The coconut butter makes them silky, with a good “bite.” Thick and rich. One and done. So satisfying.
(ps — all you coconut haters, this does *not* taste like coconut or have the texture of shredded coconut. It’s smooth and only has yummy pumpkin flavor)
(Almost) ZERO Carb Deliciousness
Yep, you heard that right. I did a quick calculation of the nutritional facts for these, and to my utter AMAZEMENT: there are close to ZERO net carbs!!! Say Whaaaa??
There are 3g carbs per ball AND 3g fiber per ball! That makes it zero net! WOW. That’s the best news I’ve heard all day, lol! (Ok if you do the exact math, it comes to 0.4g net carbs each, and MyFitnessPal.com rounds it to zero, ha! But still!!! Super super low)
Delish without the carbs. So these are officially my new favorite thing ever. =D
Click the image below to Pin it on Pinterest:
Healthy Pumpkin Cake Balls
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut - or 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice - to taste
- Pinch of pure stevia powder - to taste
- Dash of pink salt
- First make coconut butter by blending shredded coconut in a food processor for about 15-20 minutes until liquified, scraping down the sides as needed. (Or use store-bought coconut butter, melted and stirred)
- Add the remaining ingredients to taste.
- Scoop into balls with a small cookie scoop (just under 1 Tbs). (If your mixture is too runny, chill it in the freezer for a bit first) Roll in the palm of your hands to smooth it out.
- Place on a parchment lined plage. Optional: dust them with a little extra pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂