Delicious, creamy coffee frappés, easily made at home in MINUTES — using just FOUR simple ingredients. No dairy, No sugar. Naturally sweetened (Keto, Paleo & Vegan! )
How to Make Your Own Healthy Frappuccinos at Home
I used to LOVE Frappuccinos from Starbucks. But now, after realizing how much SUGAR is in there (omg!), not to mention dairy, and a TON of additives and artificial ingredients, I found a way to make my OWN frapps at home— sugar-free, dairy-free, with just 4 main ingredients!!
This quick and easy recipe is so simple to make in just 2 minutes. No waiting for coffee to brew or ingredients to freeze. No espresso machine.
And, bonus: You can customize your flavor!
See below for the easy variations to create Mocha, Vanilla Bean, Caramel, Peppermint Mocha, & Pumpkin Spice! All using real-food, wholesome ingredients and none of the JUNK. Yasss.
Disclosure: As an affiliate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through referral links in this post (at no additional cost to you).
Shortcut! Instant Espresso Powder
No need to have an espresso maker, no need go through the hassle of brewing and freezing a pot of super strong coffee.
Just keep a little jar of this freeze-dried espresso powder in your cabinet for any time you wanna whip up a frap. One jar makes over 20 Frappuccinos!! Wow!
It’s freeze-dried to maintain freshness. It does NOT have a stale “old coffee” taste like a pot that’s been sitting out allll day long.
I used to buy my instant espresso powder at Target, but when I just went to buy another jar (a year after my last purchase!) I saw they no longer carry it. But don’t worry, it’s available online! And there are several more options on Amazon! Woohoo!
The Secret to Creamy (Not Icy) Frapps
Some people use frozen bananas in their frapps, but personally I just don’t like banana coffee! (And my stomach doesn’t like all the sugar in bananas either.)
So I use ALMOND BUTTER. Yeah!
This unassuming pantry basic is so amazingly versatile. Is there anything it can’t do??
And even froth in my hot coffee every day! If you follow me on Insta, you’ve probably seen me post about my froth in my stories 100x lol. Sorrynotsorry. Obsessed.
Almond butter makes a creamy, never icy, consistency. (more fat & fiber makes it thick & creamy! Low fat/watery = icy!)
Not into almonds? No worries you can use any nut or seed butter you like! Cashew butter is another fav.
Customize Your Flavor!
- Classic Coffee Frapp – recipe below!
- Mocha – add 1.5 Tbs cacao or cocoa + a tiny dash of salt & a drizzle of your favorite chocolate, if you want!
- Peppermint Mocha – add 1.5 Tbs cacao + a splash of peppermint extract or 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Caramel – sweeten with SF caramel syrup or caramel stevia drops + caramel drizzle on top
- Vanilla Bean – omit espresso, add extra vanilla (the good stuff! I like this brand on Amazon)
- Pumpkin Spice – recipe here!
Will it Blend?
My blender is awesome at blending ice. I use this small but powerful Ninja brand blender that has smoothie size cups instead of a large blender.
The smaller the cup, the easier it is to blend individual servings! And the 900 watt blender is a beast at pulverizing just about anything. I love this blender!!
If your blender isn’t great at blending ice, you can add extra milk to help it blend.
I love to make my frapps thick and eat them with a spoon instead of a straw. But you can use as much milk as you want to get your preferred consistency.
To make them thick, don’t cover ALL the ice with milk. For a thinner, drink-through-a-straw frapp, completely cover all the ice with milk (maybe add even more).
Watch Me Whip
Wanna add whipped cream on top? It really takes your frap to the next level!!
- 1 can coconut milk (solid cream only) I prefer this brand.
- Sweetener to taste (1 Tbs powdered monkfruit, or 6 drops liquid monkfruit or stevia)
- 1/2 Tbs good vanilla extract
Add everything to a mixing bowl and whip it. Whip it good! I prefer a hand mixer.
Check out this 1-minute video to see how easy it is!
Who’s ready to ditch the Starbucks and make their own HEALTHY frapps at home?? 4 ingredients plus ice! I still can’t believe it!
What flavor will you make? (Want MORE frap flavors?) Let me know in the comments!
Click image below to save this recipe on Pinterest:
Healthy Homemade Frappuccinos (Dairy-Free and Sugar-Free!)
To make a Coffee Frapp:
- Add all ingredients to a small blender cup in the order listed. Use 1/2 cup milk for a thick frapp. Cover ice completely with milk for a thinner consistency.
- Add the lid and shake to dissolve the espresso powder.
- Blend smooth. Add a little extra milk if your blender is struggling.
- Taste and adjust to desired sweetness & flavor, if needed.
- Peppermint Mocha - add 1.5 Tbs cacao + a splash of peppermint extract or 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Caramel - sweeten with caramel syrup or caramel stevia drops + caramel drizzle on top
- Vanilla Bean - omit espresso, add extra vanilla (the good stuff! I like this brand on Amazon)
- Pumpkin Spice - recipe here!
Monkfruit Drops are available from:
- Thrive Market (Use my link for 25% off your first order)
- Lakanto (use code PRETTYPIES for 20% off)
Approximate Macros for Coffee Frapp
- Cal 145
- Fat 12 g
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Sugar Alcohol 0
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Net Carbs 2.34
- Protein 4.4 g
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating here and then tag me on Instagram @emily.likes.food #prettypies so I can see!