Sneaky little pie. It’s got a secret ingredient.
It’s packed full of fruits and veggies that are actually GOOD for you! So it’s completely guilt free, right? 😉
So creamy and sweet with tangy lime with bits strawberry throughout. You would never know there is an entire ZUCCHINI hiding in this pretty pie.
And the crust is my go-to favorite for creamy pies and vegan cheesecakes.
It’s almonds, dates and coconut with a touch of pink salt and vanilla beans. LOVE. A little salty and chewy. Mmmm.
I added coriander to this crust because I think the flavor pairs really well with lime, but it’s totally optional.
Pretty is so much more than the outside. It’s what you’re made of. Use beautiful real-food ingredients, and your pies will be oh so pretty!
Strawberry Lime Avocado Cream Pie
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans - or extract
- 1/4 tsp coriander - optional
- Splash of water - to help blend, if needed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small zucchini - peeled, finely shredded & squeezed dry, (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup - or honey, to taste
- 1/3 cup + 1T lime juice - from 2 large limes
- Zest of 2 large limes - (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - melted & cooled
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries - diced. (add 1-2 tsp cane sugar if berries are tart)
- Zest & fruit for garnishing - sliced strawberries, kiwi, lime, coconut shavings, and zest are all great options
- Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form.
- Press into parchment lined 7" springform pan or pie dish.
- Rinse food processor & put in avocado & zucchini. Blend thoroughly, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add lime juice, zest, syrup, vanilla and salt and blend again.
- Stream in oil while the processor is running.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness/tartness.
- Fold in strawberries with a spoon, or pulse 1-2 times in the food processor
- Pour filling over crust.
- Place in fridge for several hours to set.
- Garnish any way you like just before serving (so it's fresh). Enjoy!