The ultimate triple chocolate pie; TUXEDO! White chocolate cream layered with chocolate mousse and dark chocolate drizzle on a no-bake brownie crust. You won’t believe there’s no SUGAR of any kind. (Low-Carb, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan & Paleo)
TUXEDO PIE, what are you?
This pie is almost INDESCRIBABLE. It’s so crazy delicious, and SO unlike anything else I’ve ever tasted. Layers upon LAYERS of flavor.
Definitely one of my FAVORITE pies EVER. (woah, that is saying a lot!) It’s a must-make. And a must-make-again for ME.
Oh, my pretty PIE! It was so hard to name you! I asked my followers on Instagram for help and there were SO many great ideas for what to name this pie…
- Black Tie Brownie Pie
- Tripelicious Chocolate Pie
- Double Chocolate Mousse Brownie Pie
- Tuxedo Deliciousness
- White Chocolate Truffle Pie
- BETTER THAN SEX PIE (haha, yeah! That sums it up!)
But ultimately it was the SLICK, elegant, fancy TUXEDO that won out over them all. With that crisp black and white. It’s the perfect way to describe this luscious RICH dessert!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from purchases made via affiliate links in this post *at no cost to you*
White chocolate is SO delicious . So unique.
And I’m talking about the REAL white chocolate, not artificial, like most store-bought stuff. Don’t get me started on my kids’ white chocolate Easter bunnies, lol! IT WAS MOSTLY JUST OIL AND CORN SYRUP! No actual white chocolate in it. And the taste was so ARTIFICIAL. Grrr *Take a deep breath, Emily…* lol that kind of stuff makes my blood boil.
Anyway… so HOW do you make white chocolate? You MUST have this one ingredient: Cacao Butter!
What is cacao butter? It’s basically the oil/fat pressed from cacao beans, (which are used to make chocolate. The cacao solids (that make regular chocolate brown instead of white) have been separated out.
If you’ve never used it before, it can be strange when you first encounter it. Upon opening the bag, usually you’ll see a bunch of hard clumps of white stuff. (But it will smell AMAZING)
Then all you have to do is melt it down – either on the stove or microwave. (I melt it into a glass measuring cup) measure the amount you need after it’s melted, and add it in with the other ingredients. If you melted too much, pour the extra into a little silicone mold or parchment wrapper and pop it in the freezer to save.
Next up: the Chocolate MOUSSE. And it’s not your regular, plain ol’ mousse, either.
It’s made with RICH and CREAMY avocados!!!
Silky, smoooooth, light and airy. Melt in your mouth deliciousness. HEALTHY deliciousness! Yep, healthy. It’s fiber rich and loaded with vitamins and healthy fats.
PUT IT ON A BROWNIE
This no-bake crust is a little chewy, a little crisp, and full of chocolate flavor. Secretly healthy chocolate flavor. No flour, no butter, no SUGAR, no eggs, no artificial sweeteners. Just the good stuff 😉
Nuts, cacao, stevia, vanilla and salt actually make a terrific brownie crumb crust.
But feel free to use *your* favorite nut. I recommend one that’s on the softer side. I used roasted almonds mixed with walnuts, but you can also do pecans, cashews or even macadamia. Peanuts would work, but would definitely give it a pb flavor. Might be delish though!
SO SIMPLE just grind everything up in a food processor. Press into a small springform pan. If you don’t have a cheesecake pan, I just saw that Aldi has some that are the perfect size, 7 inches, and they’re only $3.99!! That is a great deal. I love that place! :)
Come out of your SHELL
Possibly my favorite part of this pie is the Chocolate SHELL on top! Oh em Geee I love it.
When you spread on the melted chocolate and it touches the frozen pie, that chocolate is going to harden back up and solidify. And it forms a delicious dark chocolate layer on top of the mousse that reminds me of those chocolate covered ice cream bars.. or those magic shells from Dairy Queen.. not that I’ve had one in TWENTY YEARS lol. But they were darn good.
Use a sugar-free chocolate for the shell if you like. Some people use Lily’s dark choc. Or you can simply use a really high % dark chocolate bar. The actual sugar content is quite low (especially when it’s divided among 11 slices)
Then you DRIZZ some more on each slice. Because it’s DELICIOUS. 🙂 And you’ve got the dessert equivalent of The Bachelor in his TUX, haha! (you can tell what I’ve been watching) Tall dark and handsome, all dressed up. I LOVE IT.
Don’t forget to PIN IT on Pinterest.. CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW:
Tuxedo Pie (Low-Carb, Paleo, Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups nuts - (I used half almonds & walnuts)
- 1 1/2 Tbs cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- generous pinch of salt
- dash of pure stevia powder
- 2 Tbs water
White Chocolate Layer
Dark Chocolate Shell & Drizzle
- 2 oz bar of 85% dark chocolate - sugar-free, if desired
To make the crust:
- Pulse together the almonds in a food processor a few times to break down. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until coarse crumb forms and the mixture sticks together when pinched with your fingers.
- Taste and adjust for flavor, adding extra salt, sweetener or cacao, if needed.
- Press into a 7" springform pan lined with parchment paper. Chill crust while you make the filling.
To make the white chocolate layer:
- Make coconut butter by blending coconut shreds in a food processor for about 15 minutes until liquified, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend smooth. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Pour over crust and freeze about 1 hour until firm.
To make the chocolate mousse:
- Scoop avocado flesh into a food processor and blend smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and add the remaining ingredients and blend again. Taste and adjust, if needed.
- Spread evenly on top of white layer, wrap with foil, and freeze again until set (1-2 hours).
- When completely frozen, remove from springform, let thaw on the counter slightly, and coat with a thin layer melted chocolate.
- Cut into slices while semi-frozen. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Add an extra drizzle of chocolate on each slice, if you like.
Cacao Butter: https://amzn.to/2BT441c Coconut Butter: https://amzn.to/2PKpSPr (be sure to melt completely and stir before use because oil rises to the top) Pure Stevia Powder https://amzn.to/2HEtHlB Canned Coconut Milk: https://amzn.to/2JSf0fG Unsweetened Coconut Shreds: https://amzn.to/2womthf Cacao Powder https://amzn.to/2jjmPPa 7” Springform Pan https://amzn.to/2K2Lsep Instant Espresso Powder https://amzn.to/2Jv95Qg Almonds & Walnuts from ALDI To store: Must be kept refrigerated. Stays fresh up to 5 days in the fridge, or about 1 month frozen, if kept tightly wrapped. If frozen, thaw on the counter for several minutes. Remember to slice while semi-frozen if you add the chocolate shell so it will hold together. Macros via MyFitnessPal: calories 441 Total Fat 43 g Carbohydrate 14 g Fiber 8 g NET Carbs 6 g Protein 6 g