2-minute -completely edible & wholesome brownie batter for snacking! Free from gluten, dairy, eggs and sugar (Keto, Paleo and vegan!)
SUPER EASY brownie batter you can eat with a spoon!
This is the perfect sweet treat to have when a chocolate craving strikes, but you don’t wanna eat all the sugar and inflammatory ingredients. This healthy brownie batter/chocolate cookie dough is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free and sugar-free! Keto, Paleo and Vegan approved, y’all! The main ingredients are pantry staples! So simple
- Almond flour
- Cocoa powder
Just throw all the ingredients in a food processor and blend smooth. Then get to scoopin’!!
No food processor? No problem! Use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or just a spoon!
And no need to worry because there’s NO raw eggs, no raw flour, no salmonella lol. Also no black beans, no cashews, no oats, no dairy.
Baking Experiment: Authentic Brownies
I’ve been on a mission to create some “real deal” BAKED brownies using healthy ingredients. Low-carb, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, all the free’s. Recipe development is TRICKY you guys. I’m on batch 5 or 6, and they’re getting close, but still not perfect. HOWEVER, the raw batter was so dang good so I created this variation that you can just eat without having to bake!
Don’t you love a happy accident??
“Can you bake this into brownies?”
No. I specifically formulated this recipe to be enjoyed raw/no-bake! This is IMPORTANT: do NOT attempt baking these because they will NOT turn out the right texture. There’s an explanation of this in my cookbook of why I recommend baking with Lakanto classic or powdered only in certain circumstances. And had to rant about sweeteners on Instagram yesterday. Trust me on this. 🙂
PS I do plan on continuing my quest of developing the perfect *baked* healthy brownie recipe. So stay tuned for that!
UPDATE June 2022: I have a new sugar-free brownie recipe HERE! These are the BEST low-carb brownies! And are already getting rave reviews!
Nothing crazy! I love how simple and wholesome these are (in addition to being gluten/dairy/sugar-free!) You probably have these items in your pantry right now. If not, they’re widely available on Amazon and major grocery stores.
- Almonds! Almond butter, almond flour, and almond milk create our neutral, fudgy base!
- Important: you must use *finely ground* blanched almond flour for the right consistency. Otherwise it can be gritty. I like this brand.
- Monk fruit, my favorite low-carb sweetener!
- I used Lakanto brand powdered monkfruit and it works perfectly to sweeten with no aftertaste and no GRIT. *Do not use Lakanto Classic granules because they will add grittiness.
- Cocoa Powder: use dark cocoa (Dutch-processed/cocoa processed with alkali) for the AUTHENTIC brownie flavor!) If you prefer cacao powder, that works, too. It just doesn’t taste like *brownies* to me.. just more like chocolate fudge if that makes sense.
- Flaxseed: this helps with the texture to balance the almond flour, in addition to adding lots of nice fiber! WOO!
- Avocado Oil: this adds an incredible richness to the texture.
- Feel free to sub your favorite neutral-tasting oil. Note: if you use coconut oil, it will harden when chilled.
- Pink Himalayan Salt: the BEST tasting salt ever. Once you try it, you never go back. And it’s full of trace minerals. Score!
- Quality Vanilla Extract: I switched to Mexican vanilla a few years ago and the grocery store stuff just doesn’t compare. If you have the chance, get ya some! There’s also a brand on Amazon that I love HERE.
Edible Brownie Batter Cookie Dough
Eat it in a JAR, Eat it in a BAR. Dip it or scoop it!
Oh my goodness, there’s some magic goin’ on in this batter, folks. I discovered that you can have it THREE WAYS:
- With extra liquid, it makes it more like a Brownie Batter DIP — think strawberries, fruit, graham crackers, pretzels, whatever you fancy!
- 2. With just 1 Tbs water, when CHILLED they turn into Unbaked Brownie Bar HEAVEN. Press it into a dish lined with parchment and freeze/chill. The texture is especially on the second day! Omgggg. OR
- Use a cookie scoop to form COOKIE DOUGH bites! Eat it with a spoon by scooping it out of a jar or bowl. However you eat it, it’s SO DANG GOOD.
It’s totally up to you which you prefer. But for ME, there’s no doubt I’m goin for THICK, CHEWY and EASY — the SPOON route lol.
Healthy Chocolate Satisfaction
This healthy brownie batter is high in protein and healthy fat, low in sugar and carbs, and totally GUILT-FREE. You’re gonna love that it’s SO EASY to make. Wouldn’t this be an amazing treat for Valentine’s Day? Share it with your girlfriends, your man, your co-workers, your kids– everyone’s gonna devour it! You may want to go ahead and double the recipe! 😉 Don’t forget to Save this on Pinterest!
Edible Brownie Batter/ Healthy Chocolate Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cups fine almond flour
- 3 Tbs dark cocoa - Dutch processed
- 3 Tbs ground flaxseed
- Pinch of pink salt
- 4 Tbs Lakanto powdered monkfruit - start with 3 and adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup almond milk - unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almond butter - natural, no oil added
- 3 Tbs avocado oil
- 1 Tbs water - to desired consistency
- 2 tsp vanilla
To make it:
- Add all ingredients except water to a food processor and blend smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. (Or mix with a hand mixer or just a bowl and spoon!)
- Taste and adjust with more sweetener, cocoa, or salt (salt really brings out the flavor!)
- Add water last, to achieve desired consistency (less water=thicker). Enjoy right away or chill for a firmer texture 🙂
- Powdered erythritol/Swerve
- Pinch of pure stevia powder+ 1 Tbs almond flour or tapioca flour
- Pinch of pure monkfruit extract + 1 Tbs almond flour or tapioca flour
- Monkfruit drops + 1 Tbs almond flour or tapioca flour
- Stevia drops + 1 Tbs almond flour or tapioca flour
- For non low-carb: powdered coconut sugar (use 1-2 Tbs extra) plus an extra Tbs of water or more
Equipment: Food Processor on Amazon